CHAPTER 26

Lord of Darkness Part II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Present...

 

 

Jaejoong woke up and found his hands bound over his head and tied to a large nail hammered into the cold stone wall behind him. He could barely reach the floor and was forced to tiptoe so he could stand. He was also .

 

He quickly surmised his surroundings and realized he was inside a cave. Two torches on the cave walls provided light. And from his position, he could see two tunnels each going to opposite directions. It seemed he was in the middle of a long cave tunnel. He began to hear footsteps approaching from one of the tunnels. His eyes soon came to rest on a person wearing a white robe with a hood that had two slits for the eyes. He immediately concluded that the person was a member of the Cult of SooHyuk. People who had seen the members of the cult at work had always testified about the white costumes they preferred to use. The long, flowing robe clung to the body and miserably failed to hide the gender of Jaejoong's captor.

 

"Well, what's next?" Jaejoong broke the silence. "Are you going to torture me now, Krystal?"

 

The person standing before him gasped in disbelief.

 

"Are you still going to hide your face in that hood?"

 

Lady Krystal pulled down her hood and revealed her beautiful face.

 

"How did you know?" she demanded. "I was very careful. No one knew I was with the cult."

 

Jaejoong smiled.

 

"You should have stopped wearing your favorite perfume. I smelled that the moment you walked into my sight. And the robe failed to hide the contours of your body which I am very familiar with."

 

"Nonsense! And a lot of ladies of the court wear this perfume!"

 

"Does it matter how I found out?"

 

"Humor me, Jaejoong."

 

"Your abduction by the cult made me suspicious. And since there were also reports that some people secretly supports and help the cult, I began to suspect that you were among these supporters."

 

"How? It was perfectly staged!"

 

"Because it was perfectly staged. Your parents were always afraid that you might get abducted by some of your rejected suitors. Your beauty has attracted a lot of men all over Haldor."

 

"Yet, you ignored me," she quipped.

 

Jaejoong disregarded her words and continued talking.

 

"Because of your many admirers, they hired the best people to guard you. Yet they were easily killed by the cult."

 

"The cult is highly efficient. Just look at yourself, the leader of the League, the destroyer of the Oracle and future Lord of Darkness, and yet we were able to abduct you under your comrades' noses."

 

"You could have easily used

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter