CHAPTER 42

Lord of Darkness Part II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jaejoong's plan was simple and easy to execute. Dara was still busy running it through her mind when she heard the voice of the butler called for her.

 

"Lady Song Hye-Kyo is now ready to see you, Miss Dara."

 

She rose from her seat and followed the butler to the study. She was wearing her travelling clothes because Jaejoong had decided that they would be travelling back to the city of Solaris this afternoon. They would use Yoochun's air balloon and leave their horses in the care of the grooms of Lady Hye-Kyo's household.

 

Dara immediately felt the irritation of Lady Hye-Kyo the moment she was announced by the butler. It had been twenty years since they last met, yet age had not dampened the infamous temper of the regent.

 

"I rarely allow commoners to have an audience with me. But since you are part of the League and Prince Jaejoong's current lover, I will grant you ten minutes of my time," the regent said with disdain.

 

Dara was not offered any seat, so she remained standing before Lady Hye-Kyo as she continued writing letters on her desk.

 

"Well, woman? What have you got to say-" she raised her bespectacled eyes.

 

"It has been such a long time, Regent of Yore, since we last met in the Oracle's inner sanctum." Dara addressed Lady Hye-Kyo using her emotionless Wisdom voice.

 

Lady Hye-Kyo stared in disbelief at Dara for several seconds before blurting out, "You?!" There was now recognition in her eyes. "You're still alive and still as young as before..." Lady Hye-Kyo was again at a loss for words.

 

"It's not important how I survived, Lady Hye-Kyo. But if you must know, it is because of my powers. The Oracle only chooses children with magical skills, specially those with the power to see the future. And I have seen the future, your future, Lady Hye-Kyo."

 

The old woman's features hardened.

 

"Visions of the future could be changed. Jaejoong had proven that."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter