CHAPTER 4

Lord of Darkness Part II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara became part of the Oracle at age five. She grew up and became a woman as an Oracle remaining pure and a . But she was not unaware of how babies were made since she had often glimpsed the intimacy between men and women in some of her visions. She knew that such activity was necessary for the human race to continue. But the actual experience and the necessary skills needed to complete and bring to a satisfying conclusion the union between man and woman was not among her skills and abilities.

 

In fact, even after becoming independent and free from the powers and influence of the Oracle, she still could not understand or feel the need to indulge into the passions of normal people. The lust that had driven men into frenzy and women into dire situations had never really interested her.

 

But Jaejoong's proposition had left her stupefied! Her mind went blank for several seconds. She had never in her wildest dreams thought of her and Jaejoong in such an intimate situation! A small voice at the back of her head reminded her that the man quietly eating before her was not the boy she had known before. In fact, their situation was now reversed. She was now younger than him. And inexperienced in the ways between a man and a woman.

 

"How could you.." She found no words to properly express what she was feeling and thinking!

 

"If you can think of any other way for me to return your powers back to you, Dara, I am open to suggestions. I am not going to force you to do this." Jaejoong's voice remained calm. As if telling a woman to have with him was very normal to him.

 

But then again, such things were normal to Jaejoong even in the past! Dara was aware of the many conquests the young prince had. Women had been known to throw themselves at his feet, and the nights he spent in many women's bedroom had even been part of the repertoire of songs of some naughty bards.

 

"I am not one of your , Kim Jaejoong!" she spluttered. She tried to keep her voice calm. She did not want to become a crazy, shrieking woman, though part of her wanted to kick Jaejoong's face. "I may not belong to royalty, but I hold my body sacred. I will not use this body to pleasure you-"

 

"Pleasure?" His eyes widened.

 

Dara felt insulted with that one word.

 

"I will find another way to get my powers back without going to your bed, Kim Jaejoong!" she swore.

 

He smiled, further infuriating Dara!

 

"I'm glad to hear that. I have been trying to wrack my brains for the solution to our problem since I figured out that the Sword of Truth was needed in order for the exchange of powers and abilities between two people to happen. Rules of magic seem to change every now and then."

 

"Rules on magic do not change ,Jaejoong," interjected Cloud who had kept himself quiet for awhile. "It's just that more rules about magic is being discovered every time a new kind of magic is awakened in a person. New set of rules for every new magic that appears in this world is simply part of magic's nature. But the four basic rules about magic still remain."

 

And just like the Cloud, Dara had known twenty years ago, the Cloud before her once again began his lecture despite of the situation they were in.

 

"First rule, all things have magic in them. Second, dead and non-living things act as storage for magic. Third, only some humans can control and use magic. And the most important rule, a magic user who uses too much magic will die."

 

In spite of Dara's anger at Jaejoong's indecent proposal, she couldn't ignore the facts that Cloud had just divulged. This was the first time she had heard about these rules. Then she remembered the Oracle being able to use magic all the time!

 

"The Oracle can use magic all the time!" she countered Cloud's rules.

 

"You are mistaken, Dara." Cloud's voice now had the tone of a serious lecturer. "The Oracle is indeed a powerful being, but like everyone else, she cannot use magic all the time because that could potentially destroy her. The magic you perceived as belonging to her, in reality was the magic of her three incarnations. And she made sure to use only one of her incarnations' magic at a time so the two others could rest and woul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter