CHAPTER 35

Lord of Darkness Part II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara woke up for the first time with a smile on her lips. She turned over and gazed lovingly at the man beside her. Jaejoong was still sleeping. Both of them had been up all night. Their lessons in the bathroom had continued in bed. And each time his lessons ended, she felt more satisfied than ever. Jaejoong had awakened something in her. For the first time in her life, he made her appreciate herself as a woman. In his arms, the former cold and emotionless Wisdom was forgotten, and the warrior she was forced to become took a back seat and allowed a passionate woman to emerge.

 

She continued smiling. She was happy. She leaned forward and softly kissed Jaejoong's lips.

 

His eyes opened.

 

"Stealing kisses again?" he teased.

 

Again? Did this mean, he knew about the first time she kissed him? Her face flushed.

 

He pulled her close and kissed her deeply. Making her forget for a moment her embarrassment.

 

"I'm a light sleeper, Dara," he whispered as his hand traced the curve of her hips. "So, when you plan to steal a kiss from me, you must be ready for the consequences," his eyes glinted with mischief.

 

"Then why did you just let me go the first time I stole a kiss?"

 

"Because I needed to be sure first that you won't kill me," he chuckled.

 

She glared at him.

 

"You were seducing me when you took me to your tent the other night! The talk about me killing you was just-"

 

"No. I meant every word I told you then. And if my plan to capture the leader of the cult failed and they succeeded in turning me into the Lord of Darkness, you may really have to kill me."

 

"You won't fail," she insisted. Killing Jaejoong was no longer an option! If she had not fallen in love with him, maybe she would be able to do that. "And we have an advantage, we know the identity-"

 

"We still need proof. I cant just readily believe the Oracle's words. She had lied before. And she might be lying now even if the person she pointed out as the leader of the cult is in the best position to control the group," he paused. "What else did she tell you?"

 

The Oracle also told her she would end up in bed with Jaejoong. But she didn't think that's what Jaejoong wanted to hear.

 

"Most of them were complaints against you and her former incarnations."

 

He laughed.

 

"She is always complaining against me since I was responsible for the restrictions imposed on her."

 

"She could still go into the dreams of some people. Influence them against you."

 

"Did she influence you?

 

"No. I already know what she is."

 

"Even if she did manage to influence someone powerful, she would not be able to change back Haldor into the repressive society she once ruled."

 

"What if she managed to get two other incarnations? Then her powers would increase."

 

"Dara, her two incarnations must both be s and with the power of foresight. It would be impossible for her to acquire s with such powers with so many hot-blooded men around. The only she'd get are children. And three children would drive her nuts with their tantrums and powerful emotions. The Oracle can no longer harm me. And like most of my detractors, all they can do is badmouth me. I am already used to that. If they go overboard, I could confront them with truths that would put them to shame." He gazed at her. "Why are we talking about these things right now? There are much more important things we could do." His hand cupped her left .

 

"Your idea about giving back my powers through is stupid," she murmured. "I still can't feel my powers."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter