CHAPTER 13

Lord of Darkness Part II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Lord Seung-won always looked the same to Jaejoong. A bearded old man with long, white hair. Seung-won had steadfastly refused to shave his beard and be clean-shaven as had been the fashion for men for the past fifty years. It was a fashion started by Jaejoong's father after ascending the throne.

 

Lord Won Bin made Jaejoong sat beside Lord Seung-won's bed. The old man's eyes were closed. Jaejoong wasn't sure if he was sleeping or he had already died. His chest was barely moving.

 

"Stay here. He had just fallen asleep. But he would soon wake up when he feels your presence. I would just be outside in the hall. Call for me if Seung-won needs anything. I cannot stay here because what he will say is just between you and him. He and I have already talked and said our goodbyes. It's time you say goodbye to him too, my son."

 

Jaejoong nodded. The moment the door closed, he felt Seung-won stir.

 

"Your Grace?" Jaejoong said quietly.

 

Lord Seung-won opened his eyes. After leaving his post as regent, he had reverted to his original rank which was that of a duke.

 

"So, you have finally decided to go against the fashion of these times. Your beard though needs a few ts," commented the old man.

 

Jaejoong laughed. Lord Seung-won was also his godfather. And as a precocious child, the former regent had always given him a present for his birthday but in order to find that present, he had to first solve puzzles and mysteries. It always felt like a treasure hunt that excited his mind and fueled his adventurous soul. Unknown to him, these puzzles and mysteries were also teaching him about the history of their world. Such lessons never bored him since Seung-won did it in a very fun and creative way.

 

"I am afraid I would not be able to attend your wedding, Jaejoong. This old body of mine would not last that long."

 

"Then I will not marry so you won't miss anything."

 

"Nonsense! It's about time you get yourself a wife and begin producing children! Don't wai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter