CHAPTER 49

Lord of Darkness Part II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The sudden appearance of Lady Song Hye-Kyo in the mansion's second floor terrace didn't surprise Jaejoong. He was in fact expecting it.

 

"What is this, Jaejoong?" her haughty voice demanded an answer. "Why have you gathered all of my servants and staffs outside the mansion? And where is Lady Jessica?"

 

"Do not worry about your niece, Lady Hye-Kyo," Jaejoong answered. "I had some of your staff her back to her parent's house in Tarallen."

 

"What are you up to?" she demanded.

 

"Are we still going to pretend that you have no idea what happened to Dara, Lady Hye-Kyo? That I do not know who you really are? You have been gone for a while, and I am guessing you have talked to Dara already. She must have told you what I know, confronted you with the truth."

 

Lady Hye-Kyo raised her chin and looked down on him.

 

"Return my servants to the mansion, and we will talk about Dara, Jaejoong."

 

Jaejoong shook his head. He gave Yoochun a sideway glance.

 

"Yoochun, lead this people as far away from the mansion as you can. I will destroy this mansion before the sun rises!"

 

Behind Jaejoong, he heard the protests and questions of the servants, but Yoochun's loud and powerful voice silenced them all. A few seconds later, they followed Yoochun's orders and began walking away.

 

"Come back here all of you!" shouted Lady Hye-Kyo with controlled fury. "All of you worked for me! And you must only obey me!" she reminded them.

 

"Lady Hye-Kyo," Jaejoong interrupted. "We do not need an audience to discuss about the Cult of SooHyuk. And there is no need for us to shout, you should join me here in the garden."

 

"If you are keen on talking, Prince Jaejoong, you should go up here. It will be much more comfortable for us to discuss these things under a roof. You may never know if a storm could quickly form and drench us all in the garden."

 

Jaejoong knew Lady Hye-Kyo would never leave the mansion. As long as she was inside the mansion, she could use the power stored inside its walls to enhance her powers.

 

"It is much more dangerous to stay inside the mansion if an earthquake or a tornado would pass by and destroy it."

 

"Earthquakes rarely happen in the region of Yore. And tornadoes are much more prevalent in the flatlands of Mussur and Risine."

 

Jaejoong possessed the powers of Seung-won. Yet he was not sure if he could produce a large enough tornado to destroy the mansion. He couldn't even use the stored power in the mansion to enhance his magic. Even Bom, who was expert in draining the life and energy of things around her wasn't able to use the power stored in the mansion. A spell was needed to be able to use the stored energy in the mansion, and it seemed only Lady Hye-Kyo knew the spell.

 

"Besides, if an earthquake or a tornado did happen to appear, this mansion would remain standing. No force of nature or magic could bring this mansion down. If ever this mansion gets destroyed, you would lose the most important person in your life, Jaejoong," she warned.

 

"Are we starting the negotiation, Lady Hye-Kyo?" Jaejoong asked cautiously. From her words, it became clear to her that Dara was indeed imprisoned inside the house.

 

"I am inviting you to come inside and talk. Maybe even have some early breakfast."

 

"Don't go inside the house, my Lord. It is a trap," quietly warned Junsu who was standing beside Jaejoong.

 

Bom was on Jaejoong's other side and had remained quiet while he talked with Lady Hye-Kyo. The couple were also waiting for his signal to act.

 

"I don't think it's wise that I go inside your mansion, Milady."

 

"Are you saying that the brave and mighty Jaejoong who defeated the Oracle and changed this world is afraid of a little old woman?" Lady Hye-Kyo sneered. "You could crush me with your bare hands, Jaejoong. If there's anyone here who should be afraid, it should be me. I am all alone, while you have with you, a young warrior and a necromancer who could easily drain me of my life and energy. It's three against one."

 

"I do not want to hurt you, Lady Hye-Kyo, and a closed space could prove dangerous to both of us."

 

"Dangerous?"

 

He held his hand forward and opened his palm. A small whirlwind appeared. The Regent of Yore's mouth opened in surprise for a moment before she quickly clamped her jaws shut.

 

"Lord Seung-won had given me his powers. And I cannot yet control it. My emotions seemed to affect its strength. As of now, only this small wind appears, but that may change if I get too angry or upset." He closed his fist over the small whirlwind. "Can you imagine what will happen if I became too upset while inside the mansion? The mansion may survive the powerful winds, but I am afraid, your frail body won't, Lady Hye-Kyo."

 

"You need not worry about me, I didn't reach this age without knowing how to protect myself from Seung-won's power. So, shall we continue this useless talk or would you be brave enough to enter my mansion?" A tiny smile appeared on Lady Hye-Kyo's face.

 

Jaejoong knew that a trap awaited him inside the mansion. Members of the cult could already be inside. They could have used the doorways that appeared on the walls to get inside the mansion. Once Jaejoong stepped inside, there's no guarantee he could come out alive or that Dara would be with him. Using force or magic to get Lady Hye-Kyo away from the mansion was useless. As long as she could tap into the power of the mansion, all three of them, even if they add Yoochun would not be a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter