CHAPTER FIFTY ONE

Prove Them Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Within the hour following Jonghyun and Seungyeon's wedding ceremony, the reception took place afterwards inside one of the ballrooms in the hotel. Much like for the way they wanted the place to look like, the hall were covered with decorations. The couple picked warm, sea colors for the reception to show their love for the sea. On one corner you can see a mini library ensemble to show the groom's bookworm trait while in another, it was theater-themed with a mini theater working as a puppet theater for the kids to show the theatrical background of the bride.

Inside the ballroom, many people were dancing while music was being played while others sat at their table to eat and drink. Near the back of the room was a long table which was where the bride and the groom, their respective families, are seated. Other smaller tables with chairs were scattered all around the room; each of which has a beautiful centerpiece and is covered with a white, silky tablecloth. Another long table within the room held all of the food and drinks, both meal foods and snack foods. The only that had not been touched yet was their simple yet elegantly looking wedding cake.

This cake was medium in size with three layers colored reminiscing the sea. It has mixed flavors of both chocolate and vanilla, while the icing was entirely vanilla, each layer has a complete ocean floor scene with decorations of sea life creatures such as corals and fish. Of course fo the finishing touch, their cake topper were two seashells; written on it were their names. 

At the long table, the newlywed were sitting in the approximate center. Jonghyun was sitting on Seungyeon's left side while both their mothers were sitting on both their sides and next to them were their husbands. Knowing that the music was about to end, Mr. Gong whispered to the couple, "I'll make the speech now."

Moments after the music finally stopped and the guests applauded, one of the staff handed Mr. Gong a microphone as he stands up from his seat and say, "May I have everybody's attention please?". Then everyone went silent and looked in his direction. "Thank you. As a father, it breaks my heart to see my daughter being taken away from us. It was already hard letting her pursue her college studies in New York and now, it's even harder to give her hand in marriage. Even so, I feel very relieved and proud, that out of all the bachelors here in our country, a noble, respectable young man by the name of Lee Jonghyun has won the heart of my daughter. When the time came when Jonghyun wanted to propose to Seungyeon, he came to us first and asked permission. By that point, I could see how happy he made Seungyeon and how much he as dedicated to her. So of course I told him that they had my blessing of their union."

He paused for a moment and looked down at his daughter and his son-in-law with tears in his eyes. "II finally have someone to call "my son". Then he lifted up his glass of champagne, "To Seungyeon and Jonghyun, may you have a wonderful life together. I love you both." 

"I, too, would like to say something." Mrs. Lee, stood up. "Unlike Seungyeon's father, Mr. Gong, the feeling of giving away your daughter's hand in marriage is already familiar to me as my eldest daughter is already married. But I'm still a parent too and Jonghyun's my only son. I will be honest, the first time I learned about their relationship, I disapprove of it. I was full of pride thinking that my son doesn't deserve someone like Seungyeon. However, everytime I see the glow in his eyes everytime he talks about Seungyeon, I had a change of heart. It even changed more when I met Seungyeon. I salute her parents for raising such a classy, kind-hearted, smart lady. To Seungyeon-ah, my daughter-in-law, thank you for proving me wrong. My son could not have found a better woman with whom to share his life."

Mrs. Lee was teary-eyed. Looking back towards to the crowd, she continued, "And I couldn't be happier for my beloved son on the most important day of her life. To the newlyweds, may you have a fruitful and blessed marriage. I hope in the years to come, you can give me another grandchild, perhaps?" The crowd laughed, cheered and clapped at the same time. As they do, Jonghyun and Seungyeon, who by now was starting to cry, each gave their parents and in-laws a hug, and their parents were all too happy to return them. 

"To Jonghyun and Seungyeon!" their guests exclaimed as they all lifted their glasses of champagne and drank. 

A few minutes later, Seungyeon and Jonghyun had made their way to the center of the ballroom, where they were going to have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter