CHAPTER TWENTY

Prove Them Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Noo Ri?” he asks nervously

“Please put me down. My head is spinning.”

“Oh sorry!” He gently lays her down resting her head on the door. He waited for her but she still didn’t move.

“Please  never do that again...”

Si Hoo laughs quietly and gently lays his fingers on her forehead massaging it. Even if Noo Ri disliked it she had no strength to resist the warmth of his fingertips on her temple. He pulled her to face him, cradling her in his arms like a baby. Noo Ri voluntarily rests her head on his chest.

“How do you feel?”                                                               

“Slightly better but still dizzy”

They stayed in that cozy position for a few minutes until Noo Ri can eventually raise her head. She immediately lets loose of Si Hoo whose arms were tangled around her.

“You should close your eyes next time”

“There won’t be a next time, Si Hoo shi” her voice was too weak to answer

He laughs again. This time ecstatically.

He approaches her. Their faces barely a few inches away from each other.

Noo Ri couldn’t breathe. “There you are again...” she faintly mutters as she tips his head slightly away from her face.

He laughs at her playful action. "Why? Your beauty is irresistable to me"

“Not my problem…”

“You have no idea how hard it was for me to look at you from afar”

She quickly stares at her like a tiger “How often have you been stalking me?”

“More often than I should”

Noo Ri breathes heavily after hearing what he had just confessed. She checks the time and began to panic.

“Oh no! I need to get to work”

“You should call it a day”

“Please… Si Hoo. You. Me. US. This whole thing. It will never work out. You know that.” She bitterly tells him as she stands up and fixes herself.

He was not ready to say goodbye. “Look. I’m sorry for pushing you away, for ignoring you, for treating you like crap. But I don’t have the strength to do all those things anymore”

“I really need to go” her voice cracked as she tries hard not to cry and leaves swiftly down the stairs.

Si Hoo catches up with her and blocks her way “Noo Ri please... We can start all over again. This time, I'll do it right.”

“You have no idea what you’re talking about” and pushes his arms off her way.

He grabs her waist and gives her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter