CHAPTER TEN

Prove Them Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fastforward to November, a matter of two weeks before their Christmas vacation and three months before the annual play. Aspiring cast members of the annual play had been preparing their audition pieces.

“I wonder what the theme for this year will be?” Ah Ra asked her friends.

“I heard that Mrs. Choi is planning to change it into a musical. Not a bad idea, don’t you think?” shares Ji Ah.

Moments later, the students hurriedly went back to their seats as the principal makes his announcement through the speakers. “As you all know, the school conducts an annual play by the guidance of the head of the English Department, Mrs. Choi. But this year would be different for we would be doing a musical. Students who are music enthusiasts are now encourage to audition. Another thing, casting agents are invited to watch the play. This is especially for our senior high school students who are hoping to join entertainment companies or pursue a degree in Film or Theater. I hope everybody sees this new idea in a positive way and fully support it. Thank you very much and good morning.”

After the announcement, everybody stated their opinions but many are looking forward to the new concept for the play.

Noo Ri turns to her friend “Ma Ri, you play the guitar and piano right?”

“Oooh Noo Ri. I think I know what you’re thinking. Don’t even think of making me audition!”

“What’s wrong with trying? Besides, it’s our last year in high school! It would be fun to do something together.”

“Sounds like a good idea but my skills are kinda rusty. It’s been a long time since I played.”

“Nonsense! Why don’t we start practicing later at the old music room? It’s Tuesday so I’m free till 7pm.”

“If you insist, Noo Ri-ah”

Their homeroom teacher arrives and the class’ boisterous talking and laughing stopped as he starts his lessons.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Ever since they started their study group, Ma Ri, Si Hoo and Noo Ri would go at the back of school during lunch. Sometimes, Jae Min and Beom Sung would join them.

“Si Hoo, are you a musician too? “ Noo Ri asked him as he sat beside her.

“I play the guitar, sometimes I compose songs too.” he answered hesitantly.

Noo Ri looked curious as he looked really bothered. “Ma Ri, I forgot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter