CHAPTER FOURTY TWO

Prove Them Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The weeks passed quickly after their senior prom, with Ma Ri and Jae Min winning as prom queen and king respectively and Noo Ri and Si Hoo having been nominated alongside them, the foursome have become more popular than ever. As their school year is nearing its end, school work has come in full swing. Once Noo Ri is free from her part-time jobs, the four friends when they weren't out of town, spent most of their time together at Jae Min's house. They would watch movies, play countless boardgames, jam to their kind of music. 

On their last free Saturday before their graduation, the girls suggested that they watch a baseball game together at Mokdong Baseball Stadium.

The boys think they look ridiculous; all four were in matching jeans, Nexen Heroes baseball jerseys and caps. Much to their dismay, their girlfriends find it cute that they were all dressed similarly like quadruplets. After buying some snacks and a few beers, they followed the masses and made their way to their seats. 

By the time Noo Ri had explained the game of baseball to Si Hoo, the first quarter was over. But knowing the rules, Noo Ri found herself completely immersed in the game. Just the fact that she was with the company of her friends had her cheery and in good spirits even though she knew that her departure from Seoul is oncoming.

The rest of the game passed by all too quickly. All four swapped places no less than ten times; once Noo Ri got sick of Jae Min and Si Hoo's commentary, she would move next to Ma Ri for a much-needed girl talk. The girls would secretly point out the players that caught their attention and the other would give their approval (or disapproval) of them. Jae Min and Ma Ri tried to start a wave but failed miserably. Noo Ri made Si Hoo ate a hotdog and sip a bit of beer, but failed miserably as well... and the Nexen Heroes won.

All a little buzzed, they decided to spend the night at Jae Min's apartment, ordered pizza for their human companions, and put on a movie. They ended up ignoring the movie and chatted instead, until the day finally wore them out and they finally fell asleep. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

The next morning, Noo Ri awoke at the crack of dawn in great need of Advil and coffee after drinking past her soju limit. She passed by the two boys sleeping at the living room with Si Hoo lying on the carpet in deep slumber. Noo Ri shifted on the coffee table beside him, and looked down at him.

"Si Hoo," she whispered.

Silence.

She whispers again, "Si Hoo!"

Silence.

Sighing, she pulls back his blanket and quietly walk towards the kitchen. After successfully finding both coffee and pain relievers, Noo Ri opened the fridge and eyed a bowl of Hershey's Kisses on the counter. Giving in, she took three. She knew that chocolate wasn't the best solution to cure a hang

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter