CHAPTER FOURTY NINE

Prove Them Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The days following Seungyeon's graduation was like role-playing for the two. Living under the same roof as an engaged couple for five days; they woke up on the same bed, lounged on the same sofa, and bathed in the same bathroom; seperately, of course. Jonghyun was taking caution on fighting his urge to make love with his fiance as he considers it a "sacred act" only to be done after marriage. 

"Got everything packed and ready?" Seungyeon asks his fiance as she double checks.

"Yes, Ma'am!" he exclaimed. "Ready to be introduced as the future Mrs. Lee?" 

"I'm ready if you are." she smiled. She always loved the way he calls her Mrs. Lee.

As they carefully board the plane bound to Seoul, both of them can't help but feel nervous and excited; excited for the most part. For the first time in their relationship, they will meet their loved ones and proudly introduce themselves as an engaged couple. Seungyeon kept playing on her mind the looks her mother, sisters, her bestfriend and her future sister-in-law would make once they see that beautiful rock on her finger. She hold unto it like her life depended on it; notionally, it does.

Holding a creatively crafted sign that reads "Welcome home, Mr. & Mrs. Lee!", a gleeful Seolhyun and Jin Good greeted them at the airport. The girls immediately rushed to each other's arms, hugging each other tightly. "Let me see the ring! QUICK!" Seolhyun excitedly demanded. Seungyeon happily extends her left hand and Seolhyun was left momentarily speechless, "OH MY GOODNESS, it's beautiful! It's looks even more beautiful on your finger, Seungyeon-ah."

"No pressure, bro." Jonghyun teases Jin Goo as they watch the ladies gush over Seungyeon's wedding ring. "Yah this jerk!" Jin Goo whacks his shoulder playfully.

"We better get going. Everyone's waiting for the two of you." Jin Goo said.

"Everyone?" Seungyeon asked.

"Yep. Everyone. My family including yours." there was pride in Jonghyun's voice. "Omma had this wonderful idea of making it a homecoming party and an engagement celebration in one."

Just like in any other country, marriage in Korea is not only the union of two people but two families as well. Though jet-lagged, Jonghyun and Seungyeon felt very excited to be welcomed by their loved ones in such momentous ocassion.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

As they made their way to the venue, Seungyeon held tightly to Jonghyun's arm, put on a brave face and stood tall. Jonghyun clung his arms to her waist and promised her that, in the end, it wouldn't matter what people would think. 

For the most part, it went perfectly fine. Everyone was extending their warmest congratulations. Every female guest had been swept away by the beauty of Seungyeon's engagement ring, envying her most of the time.

"This ring is....incredibly beautiful, Seungyeon-ah" Seungyeon's mother sways her hand, watching the light bounce off the diamond in the middle. "My son-in-law did a really good job."

"Yes..." Seungyeon's grin widened as she sighed happily. "Yes, he did."

"So..." Jonghyun's eldest sister nudged her, "When's the wedding?". With her question, the attention had suddenly shifted from her engagement ring to their wedding details.

"Jonghyun-oppa and I have discussed it over and we agreed to wait until we find ourselves a stable, decent job before we start planning anything." 

"Are you planning to have a grand wedding?" Seungyeon's middle sister joins in.

"Anniyo, anniyo. I think a simple, rustic wedding would b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter