CHAPTER THIRTY SIX

Prove Them Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seated on a bench by the dock, Noo Ri smiled back at Si Hoo as he comes back with her dinner. After a few more bites she was feeling rather full. So, she stood up and walked towards the railings to marvel the view in a closer look. The sun was beautifully setting across the vast waters, in a deep orange hue. Si Hoo later on joined her and slipped his arm around her waist, "Are you enjoying this amazing view?"

She nodded, "It's truly gorgeous. You'll hardly know we're in Busan at the sight of this."

He looked down at her, "I have to admit this is one of my favorite views in the world."

Upon seeing his gaze directly towards her, she narrowed her beautiful brown eyes playfully, "I do hope you're talking about the water instead of woefully feeding me cheesy lines about my beauty." She over exaggerated her last word.

Si Hoo laughed nervously and turned back at the water, "No, no, obviously I meant the water, and the sun, and the..."

She laughed and laid her head against his chest and felt his arm close in around her a little tighter. She sighed out loud, "This feels nice. I couldn't come up with anything this beautiful, Si Hoo." 

Inside his brain he was doing his happy dance (imagine Jonghyun's usual dance moves on this). Outwardly all he did was caress her hair, smell it, rub his thumb on her hand. "I'll be creative as you'd like me to be, Noo Ri. Just say the word. Anytime you need a break from the ordinary, just say the word." She just smiled and leaned back and stared at him. 

They stayed silent for several minutes just enjoying the view of the sunset and the comfortable company of each other. At some point, Si Hoo wrapped both his arms around her waist and held her as close and as tight as he could. He realized that with her in his arms, he felt different. Before he came to fetch Noo Ri earlier that day, his uncle left him with a few reminders. His words were "The very moment you feel comfort in her arms, that's when you'll know that that woman is for you." In that moment that he shared with Noo Ri, he finally understood what his beloved uncle meant.

Noo Ri couldn't believe how easily she'd let this man enter her life, again, over the last two months. Granted they'd been on one -- well, two dates now. Yet somehow she realized, she'd talked about him and thought of him. She'd written in her journal about him nearly everday since they've been paired together in Chemistry. She laughed softly to herself and sighed a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter