CHAPTER FOURTY EIGHT

Prove Them Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For her whole life, Seungyeon had thought of this moment, when a man - most likely a human and not a vampire - would ask for her hand in marraige. Regardless, she had always thought that when the moment actually comes, she would feel a slight bit of fear, fear of giving something up, fear of taking on more than she can handle, fear of losign herself in somebody else.

Seungyeon felt began to tighten and tears were starting to drip from her eyes but she never bothered to wipe them away. But looking down at Jonghyun who waited, patiently and with loving eyes for her answer, she felt nothing but freedom. Freedom and joy and love and safety and friendship and relief. She felt no fear. No apprehension. No loss. She would never guessed that this is where all of the answers were; wrapped up in a lovely mint green box. But they were, all of her answers, all of her questions, all of her future.

"Seungyeon-ah?" His lips twitched as his voice cut into her thoughts. "You're killing me here... Are you thinking of ways to say no to me?"

"OMONA!" She exclaimed, realizing she had not given him an answer yet. "Are you kidding me? YES! Yes, yes, yes, yes!" Jonghyun immediately rose to her feet and pulled her to him, his lips seeking hers in celebration. Her tears were coming full-on and cheeks were as rosy as the petals that lay on her feet. He held tightly to her, sure that if he let go he would fall over. Relief washed over him, adrenaline coursing through his veins, as she continued to mumble against his lips. "Yes...yes... yes... yes..."

Jonghyun carefully takes her hand and Seungyeon watched with awe as he slides the diamond ring onto her finger. As she stares at it, hypnotized, Jonghyun stands with his arms clasped around her waist. She looked back at him and saw an absolutely perfect man. Perfect in her eyes, Seungyeon wrapped her arms around him with the intention of never letting go and kissed him like he never kissed her before. Jonghyun was her everything, her one true love.

It was a pivotal turning point in their relationship that would stand as the best and the brightest. It was all she had ever imagined and dare to hope for. But Jonghyun continued, "I do not deserve you, I know that. I should have realized that you were the most important thing in my life from the very beginning. But I promise you that I will always put your happiness before all else until the day I die..." She was certaint that the moment the words left his lips, her heart stopped beating, her lungs stopped working and she never flet lighter or more at peace. Those words would forever be embedded in her mind.

"You're going to be my wife..." He breathed with reverence as he pulled back slightly to look into her eyes.

"I am," she nodded, grinning, her arms wrapped securely around his neck. "I'm going to be Mrs. Lee."

"It sounds so much better whe you say it," he kissed her forehead.

"I'm going to be your wife," She repeated, "I'm going to be your wife. I'M GOING TO BE YOUR WIFE! OH MY GOD!" And then he was kissing her again. Admitting him access to , he groaned as she pressed his lips against

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter