CHAPTER NINETEEN

Prove Them Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The following week’s highlight is the auditions for the annual play.

As the auditorium was starting to be filled with students, Miss Kwon announced “Auditions for the musical, A Midsummer’s Night Dream by William Shakespeare shall now commence. Kindly observe silence as the audition process goes on. ”

The first batch of students aiming for the lead roles went by with mixed reactions from the crowd and the jury. Some choked their lines while others delivered with grace and poise. 

 It was almost Noo Ri’s turn when she heard a familiar voice whispered to her ear.

“Good luck my Noo Ri"

She turned but saw no one there. Could it be Si Hoo? Nonsense. He couldnt possibly be rooting for me let alone caring about the play.

“Miss Seo Noo Ri, to the stage please.”

Noo Ri breathes out her tension and got up from her seat. Ma Ri together with Jae Min cheers her from the last row showing their full support. Their thoughtfulness slightly eases her nerves.

“I will be reading a scene that took place in the palace of Theseus in Athens…” As she began to read her piece, her nervousness starts to lessen. Thankfully, she managed to get the hang of it without stuttering or mispronouncing any words. A round of applause was heard as soon as she uttered her last line.

“WOW. I hope she’ll be Hermia. She did really great.” Beom Sung said as he claps his hand in admiration. 

"Oh my gosh, tears fell from my eyes without me noticing. She was very convincing!" said another spectator.

 The audition for the musicians followed. Jae Min and Ma Ri quickly proceeded to the backstage to rehearse.

“Fighting!” said Noo Ri as she takes a seat on the last row. Little did she know, Si Hoo was standing near her leaning against the auditorium’s doors. He watches her with fondness as she desperately cheers for Ma Ri and Jae Min.

"We'll start with Mr Jung Jae Min."

“Miss Kwon? I would like to audition with Miss Baek Ma Ri in a piano and guitar duet.”

Miss Kwon nods her head allowing them to audition as a duo.

Jae Min notices Ma Ri's hands trembling and holds it firmly “Eyes on me, Ma Ri. Pretend we're the only ones here.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter