CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Prove Them Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was hard for Noo Ri to get some sleep that night. She relied on her medicine to do the job for her. She tossed and turned several times before she finally fell into a deep sleep. In her dreams, there was Si Hoo and her enjoying their time together, laughing and talking. But it later broke down into chaos when people dressed in black and with wrathful faces came to seize him from her. She tried to stop them but a vampire’s strength is no match for a human like her. A girl with red hair and a set of deep black eyes grabs her by the neck strangling her hard.

“Pleaseee… I can’t bbbreeathe. Pppplease. Sssi Hhhoo. Hhhelpp mmmee. I’m dddying.”

She thought she was going to die that instant. “You’re dreaming Noo Ri. YOU’RE DREAMING. FIGHT IT PLEASE.” She tells herself in her sleep.  

With a few more tries to wake up, Noo Ri finally jumps out from her bed with tears running down her face continuously. Her panting almost woke her sister. She checks the time. It just ticked 3am.

“ IT’S JUST A BAD DREAM, NOO RI. It doesn’t mean anything”

Thankfully, going back to sleep went easily for her.

On the way to school, her thoughts were arguing whether or not to tell Ma Ri about everything that has happened. She felt that keeping secrets from her is betrayal.

“I don’t want to make things worse. But I don’t want our friendship to suffer either.”

Once inside the room, Noo Ri felt a bit relieved to see that Si Hoo was still not there. She tried to keep her eyes from staring at the door as if she’s waiting for him to enter.

Suddenly someone squished her from the back “Noooo Riii-ah!!! I’m glad you’re here! How are you feeling?” It’s Ma Ri looks so pleased to see her.

“Yep. I’m all better now. Sorry for making you worry.”

“It’s no big deal. Just don’t hide things from me, okay? You know you can tell me anything.”

Noo Ri felt guilty her mind went rumbling “Telling you anything? Great. I was just about to keep something really important from you.”

It was the first time Noo Ri wasn’t paying attention to class nor to the fact that Si Hoo was absent. She doodled idly on her notebook when the sound of the bell startled her.

 “Ma Ri, you go ahead. I’ll go to t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter