CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Prove Them Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ever since the falling out between Noo Ri and Si Hoo, their plan of auditioning for the play together had been snubbed. They spent the weeks ignoring each other like hell.

“Can we start from the beginning? You’re getting your lines wrong. Too much adlib might confuse Miss Kwon, Noo Ri.”

“I’m sorry Ma Ri. I think I woke up at the wrong side of the bed this morning. Shall we begin again?”

The two best friends had been constantly spending lunch time practicing their audition pieces. Ma Ri plans to claim a spot as the lead pianist.

“Perfect! Just remember your character Hermia’s in love with Lysander but her father wants her to marry Demetrius.”

“I got that. As for you, Miss Kwon wants the second chorus’s scale to a pentatonic major instead of a pentatonic neutral.”

“I hope we nail the audition. This play can be the highlight of our last year in high school!”

“Oh Jae Min-shi? What brings you here?” exclaims Noo Ri causing Ma Ri to feel slightly startled who now tries hard not to blush at the sight of Jae Min.

“Umm I was wondering if I can borrow Ma Ri for awhile”

“Of course, of course! If I may ask, what is it about?”

“I uhmm need help for my piece. Ma Ri’s really good at playing the piano so I thought she’d be the best person to help me out.”

“Hey Ma Ri, you heard him.” she teases her best friend. Ma Ri nudges her back as she stood up.

“We’ll just be at the music room if you need us, Noo Ri shi”

She nods her head and smiles back as they leave. "Oh Jae Min. When will you finally reveal your true feelings for Ma Ri?"

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Every time they’re in the same room, Noo Ri and Si Hoo shares the same amount of tension within them. He ignores her, she ignores him back. The rest of the week followed roughly in the same fashion.

Unfortunately, their Chemistry teacher decided to change the pairings for their remaining lab experiments. He starts re-assigning with the girls.

“Not Si Hoo. PLEASE PLEASE.” Noo Ri pleads on her mind.

“For Miss Baek Ma Ri, I’m pairing you with Mr Jung Jae Min”

Ma Ri couldn’t help but smile. She turns to her friend who was obviously hoping not to be paired with her cousin.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter