CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT

Prove Them Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Saturday began like any normal day would had. Unfortunately for Ma Ri and Jae Min, it went like a rollercoaster ride. It's like they we're controlling each other's head as they both had a hard time sleeping the night before, jittering with anticipation.  

Ma Ri woke up feeling rejuvenated and ready for her "big day". The weather was unseasonably breezy yet with a warm feeling, opening up possibilities of clothing options. Thankfully Noo Ri had promised her to wait until tomorrow to ask details about the date. She clearly was more excited than her friend.

As the hours grew closer and closer to three, Ma Ri luxuriated herself in a warm bubble bath to ease her nerves and put her head in the right space.

Jae Min, on the other hand, stretched out and settle his head on a pillow. He took a few deep breathes and tried to clear his mind. 

Both had mixture of emotions that were confusing. A part of them was eager for this date but there was another part that made them feel nervous of what's going to happen. Nonetheless, they were both looking forward to what that day would bring. Though they never said it out loud nor to anyone in secret, they both find one another more and more compelling as they spend more time together in the past few weeks. 

For a girl, it's very important to dress up for the occasion. After trying on many different outfits, Ma Ri was dressed. Pretty and casual, just the right clothes for a concert date. Her little brother Joseph appeared, looking quite pleased, to announce Jae Min's arrival. With one last shaky breathe, Ma Ri grabbed her coat and bag and headed downstairs. 

As she rounded the corner down the stairs, she couldn't help but critique his outfit. Amazingly, she was pleasantly surprised and impressed. "Gosh, he looks really handsome." She smiled.

It was then when he choose to turn to her and looked up. If Ma Ri had only been paying attention instead of stooping over, she would've noticed how his eyes slightly widened. Nevertheless, Ma RI  was too caught up with the warm, friendly smile on his face.

"You look beautiful" he said to her.

"Thank you." she smiled and stopped in front of him "You look great too."

He hands over a bouquet of flowers "These are actually for your mom. I hope she's not allergic to pollen."

"Oh wow! They're beautiful!" Ma Ri's mom appeared like she's been summoned to. 

"Good afternoon, Ma'am. These are for you." Jae Min's arms slightly trembles as he hands over the bouquet.

"Thank you Jae Min-shi. I'll lovingly put these on a vase. These would look lovely on my living room."

"I'm glad you liked it."

"Mom, we better get going then"

Jae Min turns to Ma Ri's Dad who looked like a mother hawk watching closely over her hatchling

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter