CHAPTER FOURTY SIX

Prove Them Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Welcome to the US, Mr. Lee Jonghyun! I hoped I pronounced it correctly." the immigration officer beamed with delight as he stamped Jonghyun's passport. 

"Thank you, Sir." After almost 15 hours of flight, Jonghyun has finallly arrived in New York. Jet-lagged, famished, and in dire need of recharging, he quickly grabs himself a cab to go straight to his hotel. On the way, he received another message from his Seungyeon.

Oppa,

Uhmm... I actually have nothing to say. I was walking home from the coffee shop when I suddenly remembered you, hehehe. I hope you're doing okay. I really miss you! 

I love you!

Seungyeon :)

"DAEBAKKK." he mutters, "She must have felt my presence. We really do have a connection, this girl and I."

Minutes later, he sends a reply, careful not to miss ticking off his location as Seungyeon might find out that he's in New York.

Yeobo...

What can I say? I was just thinking about you too. Don't worry, we'll see each other soon. REAL SOON, I PROMISE ;)

Let's think happy thoughts, shall we? Your graduation is in two days! Let me be the first one to congratulate you.

CONGRATULATIONS, SEUNGYEON-AH! You have no idea how proud I am of you.

I miss you so much and I can't wait to see you!

I love you too!

Jonghyun :)

Upon alighting his cab, Jonghyun can't help but feel like a kid lost in a huge department store. "I never thought New York would actually feel like a concrete jungle." He scans his surroundings for another few minutes before finally heading inside the hotel and checking in himself a room. After finally settling in, he grabs the phone and dials a number, "Ah yes, can you please connect me to the office of CEO Han Seongho? Tell him it's his nephew, Lee Jonghyun."

XXXX

"Yah Lee Jonghyun!?!"

"Samchoon!"

"Aigoo!! Nephew, is this really you? Your mother has been telling me of your arrival."

"Yes, uncle. This is him alright."

"What brings you here in New York! You should've told me that you've arrived. I could've sent someone to pick you up."

"It's alright. I'm staying at a hotel near the Lincoln Center Plaza."

"So you're here for a vacation then?"

"No, uncle..." he hesistates. "I'm here for a certain someone."

"Don't tell me that someone is an Outcast? Do you need some backup??"

"Anniyo, anniyo! That won't be necessary because I've changed now."

"If that's the case then I'm happy for you. But who is this certain someone you speak of?"

"My girlfriend and soon-to-be fiance, Gong Seungyeon."

"Geunyeoneun nuguya? I've never heard of her. What vampire clan is this girl from?"

"She's not from our kind, uncle..."

"YAH BYUNG-SHIN!"

Jonghyun retorted laughing, "It's already the new millenium! Are you still living in the 50s, samchoon? Besides Uncle Yoon Jae did the same! So why can't I?"

"Arraso, arraso. I don't think your parents would've let you go here in the first place if they knew it was for some human girl."

"She's not just some human girl, samchoon. And her name is Gong Seungyeon."

"Arhayo. So you just called me to tell me you're planning to propose to your girlfriend?"

"Not just that. I'd be needing your help with my proposal, samchoon."

"Yah! How dare you come here empty-handed???"

"I didn't! That's why I called you!" he mocked him. "Besides, this is your chance to make up all the unfulfilled promises you gave me when I was younger. The bike you promised me on my fifth birthday, the guitar during my eleventh birthday, and that car on my..."

"Ah ku mahn, ku mahn! How much would you be needing?"

"I just needed to rent one of your business establishments for tomorrow evening. I have the Rizzoli's in mind."

"BORAGU?!"

Jonghyun chuckled, "I said I would be using the Rizzoli's all to myself tomorrow evening. So I need you to close it down for my personal use."

"And what do you exactly plan to do with it you rascal?"

"I'm going to propose there, of course!"

"OMONA. Out of all places here in New York, you plan to propose at my book store? Yah! Do you know that my book store is one of the best here in the US!"

"That's exactly why I chose it!"

"YAH! You dare mock me?"

"We're both bookworms so a book store like Rizzoli's would be perfect!"

"And you also plan to take her on a private reading session as well huh? YAH MEECHEENOM!"

"Uncle, please! Just for one night!!!"

"One night?"

"Yes uncle, just one night. I PROMISE!"

"Hmmmm.....FINE

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter