CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Prove Them Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s almost dinner time. Noo Ri checks the clock, part of her was nervous thinking that her family might see them alone at home.

She pours herself a glass of water to calm her nerves.

“Weren’t you ever curious how our food tasted? Have you even tried drinking water?”

“Mmmmm there was a time when I accidentally drank real tomato juice. I hated it.”

“Nobody likes tomato juice anyway so that doesn’t count” She mocks him.

“Uhmmm  I remember trying some bread. I felt like a shark eating some algae.”

Noo Ri laughs out in disbelief “Sometimes I feel like humans and vampires… we’re fortunate to have each other. We don’t disturb each other’s food chain!”

Si Hoo fakes a smile.

She sats down at the carpet beside him.“Remember, NOW is your only chance to defend yourself.”

Si Hoo stares at her for a moment then holds her hand “It’s not true that I went to boarding school. But I did spend the last three years alone.”

Seconds ticked by and Noo Ri was still confused. She took both of his hands. “Why were you alone? Why weren’t you with your parents?”

“Bbbe bbe because I tried to kill them.”

Noo Ri didn’t seem to hear what he just said. “Excuse me? You what?”

“Remember the news a few months ago about vampire victims as most humans assumed?”

He paused. “Well, they were right.”

Noo Ri gulped. “That’s not possible. You guys swore an oath not to…”

“Well they defied it. Those Outcasts.”

“So there are still bad vampires? But why are they doing this? Why now?”

“Well, surprisingly they manage to increase in number.”

Noo Ri tried not to look frightened.

“But to fight against them, the Volturi had each faction form a team of vampires called the Warden. We thought they’ve gone extinct especially after the humans discovered that silver is fatal to us.”

“Wwwait so you mean there are also humans who chase after those kind of vampires? Silver? Silver can kill you.”

“Yes and yes. They call themselves “H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter