CHAPTER FIFTY

Prove Them Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jonghyun was busying himself in his room by looking at himself in the mirror and checking to see if he looked like he was supposed to as expectant groom. It was now 12:30 and Jonghyun had already been awake for several hours before he had washed, shaved, eaten, and dressed up in his wedding suit. Jonghyun's suit consisted of a white long-sleeved polo, a black necktie, and a gray coat. 

Although he looked very handsome, Jonghyun was actually a nervous wreck, not so much because of having cold feet, but because her really wanted everything today to go as well as it possibly could. He knew that such a day like this meant a great deal to him and Seungyeon. He loved her so much that he wanted it to be just what she had always dreamed it to be.

As he continues to check himself from head to toe, he heard a knock at his door. Because he was incredibly nervous, hearing the knock made him jump slightly and yell in surprise. Trying to calm himself down, he called out to the person outside the door. "Dugoseyo?"

"It's me, son-in-law." Seungyeon's father was at the door.

Jonghyun hurriedly rushed to open the door. His father-in-law had heard him yelp when he was outside and noticed that he still looked very apprehensive. As he walks over to him, he asked. "Are you alright? I heard you yell outside and you look kind of jittery."

"Well, I guess it comes down to the fact of what's going to happen today, Abeonim."

Mr. Gong glanced at him in a worried manner. "You're not plannign to back out of this, are you? Because you've had plenty of time to think about doing so before, and I already gave you my blessing..." But before he could continue, Jonghyun gently took his shoulders. "No, not at all, Abeonim. I'm just nervous. I will never leave your daughter hanging."

"You're a good man, Jonghyun, and you have showed me how deeply you love my daughter. I gave you my blessing for your marriage, and I only want you two to live a long and happy life together. I am sure that that will happen from this day forward and to the years to come."

Although nervous, Jonghyun walked closer to him and gently pulled him in for a hug. "Komapsumnida, Abeonim. For everything."

After they pulled apart, "Well, I want to check on my daughter before I go down the aisle with her. I'll see you there in a little while." As he reached the door, Mr. Gong turned back to his son-in-law, "And Jonghyun-ah? Don't worry yourself over the way you look right now. You are more handsome than me when I got married."

Jonghyun felt slightly embarrased at his compliment. The two future in-laws exchanged a friendly smile before Jonghyun was finally left alone in his room. Once alone, Jonghyun walked over to his window and looked down at the beach where his wedding was to take place. He inhaled and exhaled sharply, still trying to overcome his nerves.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Feeling slightly nervous, Mr. Gong walked down the hallway towards Seungyeon's room and stopped when he reached the door. "Seungyeon-ah?" he called out. Then he knocked on the door and asked, "Your mother and I are just about ready to head down"

"I'm ready. You may now come in."

Upon opening the door he immediately saw that Seungyeon had her back to her looking at herself in the mirror. Seungyeon then turns around and gave her father a great big smile.

He was in awe at how lovely her daughter Seungyeon looked. Her dress was with long sleeves, embellished with careful crafted embroidery and beadwork. Her hair was held back into a low bun with an equally beautiful head piece. Mr. Gong smiled widely and felt tears beginning to form in her eyes. "You look so beautiful, my daughter." Then his voice started to break as she finished, "Ommo, I think I'm going to cry..."

As a few tears started to fall down her father's cheeks, Seungyeon rushed over to him and hugged him tightly. "App,,, please don't be sad today. The one thing I hate so much is to see my loved ones upset."

"No, no, I'm not sad, Seungyeon-ah." Then he paused before he continued, "Okay, maybe I am a little sad. Seeing  you like this right now just makes me sad because you're all grown up, and I'm sad that you'll be moving out of the house now for good."

Seungyeon began to feel a few tears form in her own eyes. "Appa...I will always be you and Omma's little girl. All three of us! Even if we get married and even if our hair turns to gray. All three of us will always be your little girls." Her last few words caused both father and daughter to cry more and hold each other for comfort. "I thought even more about it since Jonghyun proposed to me. Now I'm getting married, I feel very sorry that I didn't have the chance to make up for the last four years that I was away."

"But your happiness is not something your mother and I should and can take away." As they started to calm down, Mr. Gong continued, "But this is also a hppy day for you and Jonghyun.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter