CHAPTER ONE

Prove Them Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 “Mom, Dad, I’m off to school!” says Noo Ri, a senior high school student from Seoul High School as she swung the door open and headed to their front gate.

“Don’t forget that Mrs. Kang would be here at 8pm to claim our monthly rent. We cannot ask for another more extension.” her Mom reminded as she earnestly does their laundry. “Yes, Mom! I’ll be back before dinner.” answered Noo Ri dashing her way to school.

“I hope I make it to class on time. I should’ve went home after midnight” she nervously told herself recalling she had to work overtime the night before to cover up their monthly rent which is due today.

It’s the first day of her final year in S University and she is in her most excited state ever. “I have to do better than the last three years so I can finally earn that very spot in our annual play.” For the past three years of auditioning for their school play, she had always landed supporting roles. Being on her last year makes her determined to work her hardest. She just worries that her passion for acting might get in the way of her part-time jobs. Her bright smile immediately becomes a gloomy sigh when that sudden realization came in to her mind.

“The sun is shining brightly so how come your face is looking so sad?” A girl as tall and as pretty as Noo Ri said as she tapped her desk and sat down beside her. “Financial matters, is it again? Or is it the winter play?” she spoke.

“Both” Noo Ri chuckled. She was talking to her long-time friend Ma Ri, a girl who’s the same age but is a vampire behind her pretty smile.

“Why don’t we talk about it later at lunch? Don’t start your day thinking over-thinking. Know how much it affects your whole day, dear friend.” Ma Ri said as she consoled her friend. “Uhm, my cousin just moved here and I think he’ll be in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter