Two

Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was Tuesday, one day before the club Kyungsoo dreaded the most. 

The moment he stormed out of class, he already couldn't wait to get home where he could throw himself on his bed. Baekhyun and Chanyeol had asked him if he wanted to tag along for a movie, but he declined. Now wasn't the time for him to third wheel them when he had so much free time on his hands until tomorrow.

"Hey, Do Kyungsoo." Kyungsoo turned around to find Lee Hyunjoo, the class' vice president, carrying a stack of books in her hands. She set them down on a desk, and gestured for him to come over.

Being someone who didn't ignore requests, Kyungsoo went over. He had a bad feeling, because he knew Hyunjoo was always so busy with making sure their class was presentable. She was class 3-3's role model, so they owed her for that for making their class look good. And because of her trying so hard, she would often ask of favours from the students, to which they would always accept.

"Yeah... Hyunjoo?" Kyungsoo reluctantly asked. He didn't feel like helping her today, he just wanted to go home. But no had ever rejected Hyunjoo's requests before, or they would be shunned on. He didn't have a choice, really. 

It's okay, it'll just take up five minutes of your time, and then you can go relax. You're just delivering a bunch of books, no big deal, Do Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo took a deep, silent breath before smiling at the girl.

"Could you help me take these books to Mr. Han's staffroom on the fourth floor? I'm late for my academy, and I really don't have time to send it now." Hyunjoo clasped her hands together, and Kyungsoo sighed.

"Yeah, I guess I'll do it." Kyungsoo stuck both of his hands out to ready himself for the heavy weight that was going to make his hands feel numb. He almost dropped the books when they landed all at once on his two weak palms. He regained his posture and gave Hyunjoo another reassuring smile, "No worries. I'll help you send them." The I do for classmates, really.

He heard Hyunjoo mutter a quick 'thanks', and she disappeared out of the classroom in a few seconds. Kyungsoo stared at the classroom door, then at the stack he was holding which consisted of about thirty two books. He had to carry this, with his backpack that was stuffed with books, up to the fourth floor? 

"The faster you do it, the faster you can go home." Kyungsoo muttered to himself encouragingly as he dashed out of the classroom. His heart almost popped out of his chest when he missed the first step of stairs, but he was lucky he was able to prevent all the books from crashing down on him.

After what felt like a really long hike at up Mount Everest, Kyungsoo stood in front of the fourth floor teacher's staffroom where Mr. Han was. It was a struggle to open the door with his foot, but he managed somehow. He finally found Mr. Han's desk after carefully scanning through the staffroom and placed the books down without second thoughts. 

He hoped to never carry a stack of books again. When he set them on the table, he felt as if a hundred tonnes had been lifted from his shoulders. Eventhough his hands felt like they were going to fall off, Kyungsoo brushed it off since he was in a good mood today. He was planning to go treat himself to some expensive tea from Starbucks before making his way home.

Just as he was about to exit the staffroom, Kyungsoo bumped into Mr. Han himself. He was a young man in his late twenties, and the students in school liked him too. He had a good personality, since he made jokes in class and was really chill about everything. But there was one bad thing about him...

"Oh, Kyungsoo, what were you doing in here?" Mr. Han smiled.

"Just, you know   delivering books to your desk, at Hyunjoo's request since she looked really busy." Kyungsoo forced a smile as he inched away from the man.

Mr. Han nodded before breaking out in another big smile, and he slung his arm around Kyungsoo, locking him in a headlock. He always liked to do this to students because he believed he could connect with them if they had the same mindset.

"Really? That's nice of you!" Mr. Han ruffled Kyungsoo's hair, "I'll buy you a drink since you helped carry those books up. What do you say? It's on me."

Kyungsoo widened his eyes. . He wanted to decline because he didn't want to spoil his mood today by hanging out with his History teacher. But he was a teacher... and Kyungsoo had been taught to accept any offer from elders since he was young. 

"Well... okay. Just for a minute is fine, I guess." Kyungsoo sighed, soft enough for him to only hear.

Oh, remember the one thing that was bad about Mr. Han? Once he bought a student a drink, he liked to engage in long conversations about their future.

 

 

Kyungsoo threw his bag on the bench outside the school buidling. He tiredly plopped down on the bench as he took a look at his watch. The sky was beginning to turn dark, and he was still at school.

He knew he shouldnt've accepted Mr. Han's offer to go for a can of soda. He only ended up flooding him with useless bits of knowledge on how to mantain a steady future. He also wouldn't stop talking for an hour, so Kyungsoo had no way of escape. 

"It's seven in the evening and I haven't even done anything yet!!!" Kyungsoo yelled, earning stares from the students who were still in school.

His mind trailed back to his boring club, which was tomor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter