#BONUS CHAPTER

Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Replay if you've finished :^)

 

There were a few things that Jongin was quite concerned about when the coach of the soccer team had suddenly called him to his office. It had been a month ever since he'd been accepted back in the soccer team where he had to start back from scratch again. He wasn't the captain anymore; Jo Minguk proudly snatched that position away from him. 

He had a gut feeling that the coach was going to tell him something shocking the moment he stood in front of him in the empty staffroom. He knew that the silence was too horrifying to take as the tension in the room kept rising the more the coach decided to stare at him with that serious, passionate flame in his eyes. 

"U-Um, coach  "

"I want you to be the captain for the next tournament, Jongin."

Jongin widened his eyes in shock. He wondered if he was hearing everything correctly, maybe he'd heard wrong. Why, so suddenly even... Slowly, he pointed his finger to himself with that same questioning stare he had on ever since the beginning he entered the staffroom.

The tournament the coach was talking about was a big thing, it was one of the most pretigious annual soccer tournaments held for schools all over the whole South Korea. Tons of people would be there and tons of teams were set on victory. For Jongin to take such have such a gigantic responsibility like that on his hands   he didn't believe himself enough yet. 

"But c-coach, I can't possibly take part in something like that. I'm a rookie, haven't you seen me practice with the first years? I mean, I at soccer. If I were to lead the team, victory would be so far away, it would almost be impossible to reach." Jongin tried to reason, but the coach shook his head at his excuse. 

Jongin knew he should've been honoured that he would finally be able to take part in this tournament he'd secretly looked forward to ever since he joined the soccer club in his first year. Just the image of him scoring the winning goal sent adrenaline rushing through his whole body. But it was unfair to all the others who'd been playing for so long, who hadn't gotten a chance to lead the team eventhough some of them had the potential to.

"Please, Jongin. I want you to think about this. This is once in a ten year opportunity. Didn't you always want this? This is the tournament you've always dreamed of!" The coach placed a hand on Jongin's shoulder. "Tell me the answer tomorrow when you've got your head on straight."

Jongin sighed to himself in exasperation when he realised he couldn't do anything but listen to the coach. He needed some opinions on this, and he really had no idea who to ask.

 

 

"Tao, Sehun? Sehun-ah!" Jongin sped through the school hallways, looking left and right. "Have any of you seen Sehun or Tao?" The other students shook their heads, which caused his shoulders to slump. 

He reached the fourth floor of their school. The hallways on this floor were fairly deserted since no one frequently hung out here. Most of the students were either at the cafeteria, school field, club rooms or in their class rooms studying. Jongin walked around the fourth floor for a bit, until his ears could pick up moans coming from the storage closet near the end of one of the hallways. 

Are they... Jongin creased his eyebrows together in confusion as his footsteps guided him closer to the storage room. The storage room was usually used for keeping sports equipment and it was freezing during the winter, so he really couldn't comprehend how those two could really do it in there. Nonetheless, his hand lingered on the doorknob of the storage room. Whether he disturbed them or not, he really didn't care. He'd seen them make out a ton of times before. It wasn't like he wanted to walk in on them having their seven seconds in heaven anyway. 

Or maybe, it couldnt've been them. Jongin was honestly quite confused. He took a deep breath and twsited the doorknob without hesitation, flinging the blue-painted door open. The scene he saw before him wasn't out of the ordinary, but it still didn't fail to stun him for a few seconds. Tao and Sehun always had such... fiery kissing sessions, unlike him and Kyungsoo. The older boy always preferred to go steady, though Jongin really didn't have any objections.

Anyways, there his two friends were. Sehun had Tao pressed against the wall, like how Jongin had always frequently done to Kyungsoo a ton of times before. Tao had the first two buttons of his school dress shirt left open while Sehun, surprisingly, had his shirt off. Jongin could see outside light shine on the boy's fair-skinned six pack.

"S-   Jongin, what the hell are you doing here?!" Tao hurriedly tried to button up his dress shirt, reaching his hands up to pat the strands of his hair that were sticking out. 

"We were... doing nothing." Sehun tried his best to remain stoic despite the awkward situation they found themselves in. The boy frantically searched for his blazer to cover up his bare chest, and Jongin raised his eyebrows at them. "Fine, we were kissing, but it just started getting hot. Thanks for ruining everything."

"N-Nevermind that, what can we help you with? Since you even went through the trouble of finding us, I'm assuming something good has happened, right?" Tao blinked. 

"Tao, no  we're busy." Sehun whispered to the foreign boy in a hushed whisper which Jongin could still hear because of the quietness around them. "Jongin, I think I saw Kyungsoo upstairs on the rooftop doing homework. Maybe you want to talk to him about whatever you want to talk about. Really sorry, Jongin." And with those words, Jongin w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter