#CHRISTMAS SPECIAL

Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MERRY CHRISTMAS 

A present for you, lovely readers! : )

 

"What are you getting Jongin for Christmas?"

Kyungsoo looked outside the window from the public bus he was sitting on with Baekhyun. The trees that lined the pathways of the whole city were all free of the leaves on their brances. The sky was gloomier than usual today, it wasn't as bright as it was during summer. But the festive decorations made up for the weather, because they were all simply gorgeous. 

Christmas lights filled all the shops of Seoul, even the small family-run businesses had little Santa Claus cutouts stuck on their windows. Kyungsoo liked it when different stores had unique ways of decorating the place. Each store he and Baekhyun had been in to had a variety of decorations to please customers. Even now, he could hear 'Jingle Bell Rock' blasting full volume outside while hundreds of people celebrated with drinks at parks or the Han River. 

As for the department stores, they were extreme when it came to the festive season. They had humungous Christmas trees outside, bearing tons of shiny ornaments that were worthy of posting on Instagram. 

"I don't know, I haven't figured it out yet..." Kyungsoo replied to his friend who was busy on his phone beside him. "I tried asking him the other day. I asked him what he wanted for his birthday instead, and he told me to just get him anything he likes."

All his friends had already settled their presents for their loves ones. Kyungsoo did too, he'd bought presents for his family and friends; he'd gotten Chanyeol a snapback the giant had whined about a week before, he'd bought Baekhyun a new phone cover from a famous street brand, soccer jerseys for XiuHan and he promised to buy TaoHun bubble tea. 

There was just one person that he still needed to worry about: Kim Jongin. He'd asked him on the last day of school when they would be released for winter break, and the boy had given an ambiguous answer that Kyungsoo could interpret in so many different ways. It was driving him crazy because he still had two days to decide. 

"You have two days, though." Baekhyun nudged him as Kyungsoo was breathing hot air out against the bus window. "Just get him anything, I'm pretty certain you should know what Jongin wants."

"Should I get him some new soccer gear? Do you think he wants shoes? He's quite fashionable nowadays, what if he wants clothes?" He watched the frost on the window evaporate and let out a sigh. 

"Get him hot packs, make sure you buy them in a pack of twelve. It'll last him the whole winter, I gurantee you. I got Chanyeol a pack of twelve." Baekhyun poked his finger in his ear while Kyungsoo kicked his leg, his eyes glaring at his friend. He already knew Byun Baekhyun was a scrooge during Christmas. 

Kyungsoo didn't give feedback on his friend's suggestion, because he obviously didn't want to spend only a thousand won on Jongin. He stared at his feet and Baekhyun observed him acting all sullen as if he'd commited a crime. 

"Aish, just get him anything. I don't think Jongin willl mind with whatever you give him, since you know, it's you. Do Kyungsoo, you know he wants you more than anything else. But if you want to get him something, you just have to make sure it's nice."

"Byun Baek, are you sure? I can just get him anything?" 

Baekhyun nodded confidently as he patted him roughly on the back. "I assure you, just get him anything."

 

 

Eleven twenty-nine. Kyungsoo's clock read. Another six more minutes to go, and he would see Jongin standing in front of his house. The younger boy had suggested that the both of them watch the Christmas countdown that was going to take place in Seoul City Hall. They needed to be there early, or else they would be stampeded by thousands of people.

His parents had gone out for a Christmas dinner along with some other adults like Chanyeol and Baekhyun's parents, since they were close. He was left alone in the house, waiting for the moment when his boyfriend would arrive on his doorstep with his charming smile. The moment when he would have to hand over his 'ty' present to him.

Kyungsoo glanced over on his bed where Jongin's present lay, wrapped in silver sparkling wrapping paper. It wasn't anything big, but he reckoned Jongin would be quite pleased with it. 

His thoughts were interrupted when the doorbell sounded around the house. Widening his eyes, Kyungsoo rushed to grab his present before making his way down the stairs with hurried steps. He grabbed his jacket from the couch, slinging it over his shoulder and leaving his house in the blink of an eye.

"What's the rush?" Jongin chuckled when he saw Kyungsoo standing in front of him, panting heavily. "Were you that excited to see me, Do Kyungsoo? You ran, didn't you?"

The junior was a black dress shirt with the top button es. Over it, he wore a black coat paired with some ripped jeans. As usual, to Kyungsoo, he looked stunning no matter what he wore. 

"I didn't run..." Kyungsoo frowned. "I speedwalked, there's a difference."

"You don't need to be embarrassed about it." Jongin smirked, circling his fingers around the older boy's wrist and abruptly closing the distance between them with a tight hug.

Kyungsoo felt his face burning up as he buried his head in Jongin's shoulder. He brought his arms up to circle them around his waist and his heart warmed up when he could feel Jongin rest his chin on top of his head. After a minute of silence, they pulled back from each other, their gazes meeting. Jongin was smiling at him, and Kyungsoo flashed his signature squishy smile back at his boyfriend.

"Ah. Here, your present." From behind his back, Kyungsoo presented Jongin's gift to him. 

Jongin took it in his hands, examining the small gift with his eyes. Kyungsoo didn't know if the younger boy liked it because his expression was so unreadable. It wasn't conveying many emotions. All of a sudden, Jongin let out a small chuckle, leaving him puzzled. 

"Thanks, Do Kyungsoo." Jongin sealed his lips together in a smile that forced him not to laugh. 

"Yah, why're you laughing? My present looks like , doesn't it?" Kyungsoo blinked at him. 

"You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter