Nineteen

Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Replay when you've finished the song! :^)

 

That night, Kyungsoo spent his remaning hours laying on Jongin's bed, staring up at the ceiling with his mind full of thoughts. He hadn't meant to have shouted at Jongin, and he was sure the younger boy was too. He knew Jongin was just worried about him, but he was too dumb to realise it sooner. Today, his mind had been in such a mess with the bustling restaurant, he guessed he got fed up without knowing.

If only I could tell him now that I was only applying some ointment for Hyun since I was the one who hurt him by accident... He sighed in exasperation, shielding the blinding light from the ceiling with his arm. 

Now he could only close his eyes to calm himself down. He was extremely exhausted right now, and the one thing he really needed was Jongin. He held his phone which was in his palm in front of his face as he scrolled through his contacts. The last time Jongin had called him was a few days ago, but he hadn't even bothered to call back because he was so caught up with cooking. 

If he tapped on his name now, would he pick up? Kyungsoo held his phone close to his ear, his heart beats sounding louder with every beep that passed. Those beeps were mentally killing him; he feared that maybe Jongin wouldn't ever pick up. After a few more beeps, it switched to voicemail. 

It was then that Kyungsoo felt a sickening feeling hit him in the head. His vision was starting to get blurry each time he blinked, it was as if the energy was currently being drained from him. This sensation felt all too familiar. He was certain that right now, it was happening to Jongin too. Why of all times did it have to come now? Why couldn't it have waited a bit more longer? They were still in a middle of a fight for goodness' sake! 

Kyungsoo clenched his fists together before turning his head to stare at his phone screen lighted up, still on voicemail. Weakly, he brought the phone to his ear again. Tears started to drip down his cheeks, and he had begun to sniff uncontrollably. He didn't want this to happen so soon, but he couldn't do anything   he was powerless against this. 

Finally, after gathering himself together, he managed to say through hurried breaths. "K-Kim Jongin, d-don't be too alarmed w-w-when you hear this, got it? ...My name is Do Kyungsoo, and right now, I-I'm in your body, so that's why I sound like this, like you. W-We've been in each other's bodies for months until now, b-because we...we're switching back. Before this, we made a promise. We made a promise that we were going to remember each other, n-no matter w-what! But now, the only thing I can do is apologise to you, for these past few days. Jongin, I-I'm sorry if I ignored your calls when you were sincerely worried for me, I'm sorry if I wasn't as expressive as you wanted me to be, I'm sorry for all the trouble I've put you in for these past months   Heck, you even quit the soccer club because of me... But t-thanks for loving me Jongin. My name is Do Kyungsoo, from class 3-3, and I love you."

Send.

The phone screen went blank, and Kyungsoo's hand fell limp by his side. He was getting weaker, but still, he couldn't do anything. The only place he wished to be in was in Jongin's arms, with the younger boy's arm draped around his smaller figure and their legs entangled together, like knots that could never be untied.

Kyungsoo curled up in a helpless ball, covering his mouth to muffle his weeps so Jongin's mother wouldn't wake up. It was the only thing he was capable of doing at the moment, since he felt to weak to move anywhere else. His soul was slowly rising up from his body, he was sure he could feel it. No matter how hard he tried to keep his eyes open, he eventually gave in.

Just like that, without any exchange with each other or a sweet tear-jerking moment just for the two of them who were only left with small misunderstandings that  caused them to fight...

Their memories vanished.

 

Jongin awoke to a strange place. Everything around him was pitch black, and he could only see his body glowing admist the darkness. He couldn't recall what he'd been doing before this. Surely, he must've been somewhere, thinking about someone or doing something, but his mind was blank. 

He wanted to get out of this mysterious place he'd suddenly ended up in, but he knew he would end up nowhere if he continued walking like a lost idiot. Ahead of him were just stretches of darkness. Where the heck am I? He wondered to himself. 

It was then, that a shining doorway appeared before him out of nowhere. It was metres apart from him, however he still needed to cover his eyes from the blinding light.

Hello, Kim Jongin. During the event where two souls are in the process of switching bodies, your mind ends up here for a while, where souls wander. You are here because you have performed the body switching ritual, but now your time has come, and you're in the middle of switching bodies with the person you've performed it with, This doorway you see ahead will lead you back to your original body, where you will have no memories of what happened in the past. A booming voice coming from the doorway informed.

Though, Jongin wasn't curious about who was behind that voice one single bit. He had no idea why, but at the mention of You will have no memories of what happened in the past, his heart started to ache painfully. Also, his feet seemed to have minds of their own, because they were suddenly moving without his consent, closer to the shining doorway.

Jongin didn't want to go just yet, for some odd reason. He tried stopping, but to no avail. He couldn't even turn towards another direction, his feet were just walking straight ahead. What irritated him the most was that now, he had no control over his body, it was as if some unknown force was guiding him towards the doorway. The only thing he could do was talk to himself in his mind.

Just then, Jongin turned his head to the right where he had originally expected to see more nothingness, but there was someone else. Quite a distance away from him, was another shining doorway, and there was someone walking towards it. The boy   who had jet black hair, fair skin, big doe eyes and a petite figure   paid no attention to his surroundings, he just kept walking forward without stopping.

Who is that? There's someone else here, too? Jongin wanted to call out to him, but as u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter