Thirteen

Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Replay when you've finished :^)

 

"Wait, why would you want to date someone like me? I'm an ordinary guy, who doesn't catch anyone's attention and I'm too absorbed in my studies, which is what you despise! Out there, there are tons of people better than me who are worth your time  "

Kyungsoo was cut off when Jongin neared his face closer to his without warning. "Are you done?"

Seeing Jongin so close to him for the umpteenth time never failed to make his heart beat so rapidly. All he could picture in front of him now was Kim Jongin's face smirking at him instead of his own. It was irritating, because it was obvious Jongin was teasing him. A chuckle escaped from the younger boy's lips when Kyungsoo was sure the blush was evident on his cheeks. 

"The reason as to why I want to date you is so obvious." Jongin pulled back, his eyes looking elsewhere before releasing a sigh. "It's because I like you, Do Kyungsoo, don't you get it? I don't know why I like you, because... I just do. I realised the more time I spent you, the more I kept annoying you and the more I got less frustrated at your nagging, the more attracted I became towards you. There were times where I tried to convince myself we were nothing but acquaintances and to ignore you, but I found myself doing the exact opposite of it... You said okay when I asked you to date me, right? Let's do it then, you and me."

"Who said I liked you, huh?" Kyungsoo retorted, flustered.

"If not, then why did you say okay just now?"

Do Kyungsoo was undoubtedly caught red-handed. There was no way he could try to make any excuses now. He always tried to do what Jongin had mentioned earlier : convincing himself that the both of them were acquaintances placed together in a dumb club just by coincidence. Kyungsoo told himself he was only going to talk to Jongin when they were in the Science and Mysteries Club, but thanks to that body switching incident, he stuck by his side on weekdays and even on weekends in fear of his body's welfare which had fallen in the hands of the school's rebel.

The affection he was starting to feel towards Jongin was real. Perhaps, it was when he realised that Jongin was also a normal high school boy, not an abnormal cold-blooded person. His home was situated on the second floor of his mother's fish restaurant, he had his annoying sides and behind that exterior was a whole new person. A boy who enjoyed adventure, was often clueless and displayed so much childlike innocence when you hung out with him    that boy was Jongin.

"Because!" Kyungsoo announced loudly, but whispered once he realised they were in public. "I like you. Too."

Kyungsoo watched as Jongin's lips etched upwards before revealing his signature squishy grin. He felt the boy's milky white fingers slide down to his wrist, then to his slight bigger palm where he interlaced them tightly. "See, I told you so."

Although Kyungsoo immensely enjoyed the warmth he was feeling holding Jongin's hand, he daringly let go. "Tsch, it looks like you'll have to put your dating plans on hold, Kim Jongin. Just in case you forgot, I have your dance class to attend."

At this, Jongin frowned. "What? Can't you skip it? You just scored Kim Jongin, the most sought for guy in school, and you're putting me on hold for a dance lesson? Do Kyungsoo, you can't do this!" The younger boy whined despite still standing in the school's corridor.

"Technically, since you're in my body, so you're not the most sought for now." Kyungsoo smirked, and placed his hand on Jongin's head to remind him of their height difference. "You know I don't skip classes, plus this is your class that you pay money for and I'm going to make the fullest of it." He told the younger boy before walking off.

"Hey, at least, let's walk there together!" Jongin caught up with him and grabbed on his hand securingly.

 

It would be a lie to assume Kim Jongin was not the happiest person in the whole world. He sent Kyungsoo to his dance lesson with a smile plastered on his face, still unable to contain his joy. He couldn't even express how happy he was in words.

Do Kyungsoo    that boy, was his boyfriend. Was he freaking dreaming? Although he reminded himself before that he wasn't going to date someone like Kyungsoo, in a short duration of time, he'd already thrown that thought in the depths of his mind. The only thing that mattered to him now was that he could spend as much time he wanted with Kyungsoo without having to come up with some embarrassing reason. 

While walking and being absorbed in his childish thoughts, a loud knock startled Jongin. He jerked back, opening his eyes but seeing nothing in front of him but a downhill street surrounded by cafes and houses. Soon, the knock sounded again    this time a tad louder. Jongin was really confused by now. He turned his head to the left and was greeted by Minseok behind the glass windows of a cafe.

Jongin hadn't noticed his dance academy was near The Boy Who Cried Wolf. 

Minseok gestured for him to come in. Jongin, realising he had nothing better to do for the time being, decided to go with the elder boy's request. He climbed up the wooden steps before pushing the glass doors of the cafe. The familiar jingle of the bells hung above the doorframe welcomed inside the calm place. As usual, the thick but heavenly aroma of coffee drifted around the air.

"Hm, why is this place always empty?" Jongin stuffed his hands in his pockets as he observed the place. "Hyung, are you sure this is a business, or is this just your hobby?"

"It's both, actually. I'm turning my hobby in to a business." Minseok grinned, smoothening out his black apron. "And to answer your earlier question, it's empty right now because it's not the peak hour. People don't get coffee at seven, Jongin. They're busy having dinner. What are you doing around here anyway? It's not like you ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter