Seven

Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You're what?!"

Kyungsoo bowed profusely at the school's soccer team coach. He knew this wasn't going to be a good idea from the start, but Jongin wanted it, and he couldn't do anything about it. It was either he stay to continue being Jo Minguk's punching bag or leave to save himself from harm. 

All the attention of the staffroom was suddenly averted to them. The teachers peeked from their cubicles to see what the commotion was about. Heck, even the headteacher was curious and stared at the both of them with curiosity. The coach's thundering shout had also attracted some students passing by, who were now pressing their faces to the staffroom windows. 

"Coach, you don't have to make such a big scene about it..." Kyungsoo forced a nervous smile and slowly backed away because he could see the coach searching frantically for his long wooden ruler.

"Kim Jongin! Are you in your right mind?! Just what in the world makes you want to quit? You're one of our best players! Aish, this punk!" The coach sprang out from his seat, ready to tackle Kyungsoo, but thank goodness the teachers immediately stopped him. Heaving a loud, distraught sigh, the coach decided to settle back down in his seat. 

"Uh... coach, are you... okay-"

"Do I look okay to you?!" Kyungsoo shrunk back behind the cabinets. There was no way he wanted to get beat up by the coach too. He knew he was again, making Jongin look like some type of cowardly fool, but how was he supposed to act nonchalant in a situation like this? The news of Jongin quitting the soccer club would surely take everyone away by storm. 

Kyungsoo had absolutely no idea what to do now. A part of him was going to bow and leave, but another part of him wanted to justify to the coach why he had to leave. Either way, he was still going to get punched, so he really didn't have the slightest clue. He wondered why he was doing this by himself anyway. Jongin should've briefed him about it before telling him to drop out. That idiot never even bothered to warn him about the coach's temper!

Kim Jongin, this is all your freaking fault! Kyungsoo clenched his fists at the thought of Jongin probably dozing off in his classroom, in his body. This was too unfair. The coach was still having a temper, and everyone was literally staring at Kyungsoo, their eyes were yelling at him to make some type of move to calm the coach down.

Gathering all his bits of courage, Kyungsoo sauntered towards the coach like how Jongin would. He tried to act all calm about it, eventhough it was evident to him his legs were shaking out of fear. He placed his hands firmly by his sides before giving the coach a deep bow way lower than ninety degrees. 

"I'm sorry, coach!" Kyungsoo remained in his bowing position as he said it and he rised up again, the coach's eyes following his every move. "I really don't want to quit, but I have to. I can't tell you the reason why, but in the future, when I want to join again, will you let me come back?"

The coach cleared his throat. "Of course, you're always welcomed back! But you really must come back, Kim Jongin. The whole team will be counting on you then." He rose up from his seat and let out another sigh, giving Kyungsoo a quite rough pat on the back. "I'll accept your resignation for now. Now get back to class, you punk." 

Kyungsoo nodded and gave the coach a final bow. He turned around, and saw that all the students had immediately dispersed when he came out. They were probably terrified he would threaten them if they spreaded the news to anyone else. But the school was no doubtedly going to find out about his resignation sooner or later. 

Just as Kyungsoo was ready to head back to class, he saw two familiar people calling for him. Sehun and Tao hurriedly ran down the corridor until the both of them were face to face his. 

"Yah, you quit the soccer club? Why? Jongin, that isn't like you!" Tao frowned, looking confused. 

"And you've been avoiding us, haven't you? Jongin, that isn't like you too. Do you have anything going on at home or something?" Sehun questioned.

Oh crap. They were on to it. To be honest, it was about time, but still, the moment Kyungsoo had to tell them he wasn't Jongin was approaching slowly. 

Kyungsoo acted as if he didn't know what they were talking about. "I haven't been avoiding you guys. Stop being so paranoid, seriously."

"Fine if we stop asking you why you've been avoiding us, will you at least tell us why you quit the soccer club?"

"Guys, it's something personal. Just leave it alone, alright?"

Sehun shook his head stubbornly. "How can we? You love soccer as much as you love dancing, and you're throwing it away like that? Jongin, you're like a brother to us, and we can't just let it go when something's bothering you. We swear we'll understand you no matter what, so if you anything worrying you, you can talk to us about it."

"You're saying... you'll understand me no matter what kind of nonsense I'll tell you guys, right?"

Both Sehun and Tao nodded enthusiastically, blinking their eyes full of childish innocence as they stared at Kyungsoo. He couldn't escape from these two this time even if he tried to sprint away with Jongin's super leg strength. There was no use hiding it anymore, so he was going to spill everything out and hope the both of them would at least try to comprehend everything.

"Then..." Kyungsoo took a deep breath. "What if I told you, I'm not the real Jongin? What if I told you that I'm actually Do Kyungsoo, whose soul is lietrally trapped in his body while his is trapped in mine because of some damn ritual he tried to do?"

"Um... could you repeat that again?" Tao requested in his confused state.

Kyungsoo was going to need some time, and a little bit more effort.

 

 

The three of them finally decided to discuss of the matter behind the school gardener's shack, because the students wouldn't stop eavesdropping back in the building. The place was calm and relaxing and filled with nature, it was a great place to tell them, if Kyungsoo could say so himself. The only sound that accompanied them were the splashes of water coming from the koi fishes swimming about in the school's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter