Twenty-Six

Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Replay when you've finished the song! :^)

 

Jongin sweared he had never ran so fast in his life. He sped through the streets as fast as lightning, still gripping his phone tightly in his hand. His heart was thumping at an irregular speed because of what he'd heard from that voice message. How could he have not known? Why did it take him so long to remember? Exactly, how long did Do Kyungsoo have to suffer because of him taking his sweet time to regain these memories?

Jongin tapped the play button of the voice message out of curiosity. 

"K-Kim Jongin, d-don't be too alarmed w-w-when you hear this, got it? ...My name is Do Kyungsoo, and right now, I-I'm in your body, so that's why I sound like this, like you. W-We've been in each other's bodies for months until now, b-because we...we're switching back. Before this, we made a promise. We made a promise that we were going to remember each other, n-no matter w-what! But now, the only thing I can do is apologise to you, for these past few days. Jongin, I-I'm sorry if I ignored your calls when you were sincerely worried for me, I'm sorry if I wasn't as expressive as you wanted me to be, I'm sorry for all the trouble I've put you in for these past months   Heck, you even quit the soccer club because of me... But t-thanks for loving me Jongin. My name is Do Kyungsoo, from class 3-3, and I love you."

His heart momentarily seemed to pause, and his arm which was holding his phone fell limp by his side. Jongin couldn't even utter a single word out, he could only glue his wide eyes on the ground. Ever so slowly, he tried to stand up, but his legs felt like jelly. Thus, he collapsed on the ground helplessly. The memories, they were coming back to him. 

Jongin's lips quivered frantically before he reached his hand to touch the side of his head where he could feel a headache coming. What seemed like a million scenes he'd never recalled before zoomed past his mind. Through these flashbacks, Jongin could hear his voice... 

From the moment I first met Do Kyungsoo,

"Look, I'll find something, so you just follow what I want to do, yeah? It makes it way easier, so we won't waste time fighting over what we prefer. Get it?"

I unknowingly started to care for him,

"I-I'm worried because you're the one taking the hits from the bastard, you're the one who's feeling all the pain, not me."

Then, I started to fall for him,

"Be my boyfriend, Do Kyungsoo."

I was a fool in love, because of him, 

"You're lucky they didn't carry you away, Kyungsoo, or else I'd have to search all over the place until I found you."

I promised him I would never forget him when we switched back,

"Promise me, that no matter how long it takes, we'll try hard to remember each other. Okay? Because no matter what, I will never forget you."

But in the end, I was the idiot who was too dumb to realise it sooner eventhough my body had given me so many hints.

"Why do you keep calling me Kyungsoo? Who the heck is that?"

Too dumb to realise that I had already been allured to him even after I lost my memories.

Little rain drops started to pour gently down from the sky, soon evolving in to bigger drops that increased in an endless amount. While Jongin was running, a billion raindrops were already showering him and the whole city of Seoul. But despite how slippery it was getting, Jongin still ran with all his might. The rain meant nothing to him at this moment, because there was just one person occupying every corner of his mind. 

He was the worst person on the face of the earth. Why did he only have to remember then, when so many clues were already given to him? From the words Kyungsoo had blurted about him so suddenly, to the way his heart reacted when seeing the older boy, to the flashbacks he got when he came across his most frequented places, it was all so obvious. It was just that he was too dense to be even paying closer attention to these details. 

Jongin raced to the crossroad since the pedestrian sign was going to turn red in a few seconds. He didn't have any patience to wait, waiting for a second longer to see Do Kyungsoo was going to kill him. You can make this, Jongin! Unfortunately, his clumsy legs had suddenly lost their footing, and Jongin crashed on the rough ground in the middle of the crossing. He lay there for some time, cursing inwardly at himself for having to be so careless. The light had turned red, and cards were either driving past him or honking at him in the heavy rain. Jongin stared at the shining headlights of the cars, and it occured to him that he shouldnt've been sitting around like this. It was just a small fall. 

I need to meet him, I need to see Do Kyungsoo. 

With those words clearly etched in his brain, Jongin limped towards the other end of the sidewalk. Other cars were honking at him to get out of the way. They were probably wondering what kind of person would be in the right mind to walk in weather like this, and Jongin must've given them an impression of being a psycho, but honestly he didn't care. Although he was sure his ankle was sprained, he tried his best to sprint back to the school.

I remember you, Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo had requested for a trip to the nurse's office. He had been spaced out ever since Jongin had told him he would out of his business. Plus, he was having a mild headache. What was supposed to be a small trip to the nurse's office turned out to be a long walk to The Boy Who Cried Wolf in the heavy rain. He'd successfully snuck past the school gates by hiding behind his yellow umbrella. He was lucky the security guard had left a small gap he could squeeze through with his umbrella.

When he showed up half soaked in front of the fine glass doors of the cafe, he was greeted by a concerned-looking Minseok. The older boy didn't hesitate to usher him in the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter