Six

Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jongin sweared he heard Kyungsoo tell him yesterday. "See you tomorrow, Jongin." 

But he hadn't seen him the whole day. There was no sight of him walking the corridors, near his locker or at the soccer field. Jongin couldn't even hear the various loud chatters the students would make when he entered the school. Did Kyungsoo not come to school today? Was he sick or did some issue arise at Jongin's place? The latter was unlikely of course, because he was positive his family was doing fine.

"He's not here either?" Jongin murmured to himself as he peeked in his empty classroom after school. "What the hell happened to him?"

Was it because of yesterday? Something he'd said that had probably triggered the older boy's emotions? But as much as Jongin could remember from the words he'd said yesterday, he didn't even remember saying anything offensive. Kyungsoo was often the one who would insult him, although he wasn't affected by it.

Or it could've been Jo Minguk. Maybe he didn't come today because he wanted to avoid Jo Minguk. If that was the case, Jongin would've beaten the living daylights out of that cocky soccer player. But wait... Kyungsoo told him not to get involved. He said he would lay low so Jo Minguk wouldn't pay attention to him, and he didn't look happy when Jongin offered to teach him a lesson for him.

It was a Thursday, so there was no Science and Mysteries Club. They didn't have any assignments to complete together, meaning Jongin had no reason to go looking for Kyungsoo. He also had no clue if the boy had come to school or not.

"Baekhyun and Chanyeol... they should know, they're his close friends. If they don't, then my last resort would be to go to my place. He could be chilling in my house or something." Jongin widened his eyes at the realisation and rushed to find the two clumsy lovebirds. 

When he arrived in front of the school's music room, he peeked through the glass windows to see if anyone was there. The lights in the room weren't even on, with the sunlight shining through the tall windows being the room's only source of light. Inside though, if Jongin clearly looked through the blinds, he could see two figures. One was sitting on a chair, holding a guitar, while the other was seated at the piano, his hands readying to play a melodic tune. 

"Park Chanyeol! You have to get it right this time, we can't lose to those juniors again. We worked really hard for this compostion, so let's show Ms. Lee what we can do next week. Got it?" The figure at the piano who Jongin was certain was Baekhyun, slung an arm around Chanyeol who was busy tuning his guitar.

"I know, Baek. Those long nights of us staying up together won't go to waste, you know." Chanyeol squeezed Baekhyun's cheeks together, making him resemble a fish, before placing a sweet peck on the boy's lips. 

At this, Jongin felt like cringing at the both of them. So this is what Kyungsoo must've felt like, always third wheeling this overly affectionate couple. Jongin wondered if the first time they'd hung out together yesterday had compensated for the times Kyungsoo had to tag along with Baekhyun and Chanyeol. 

Not wanting to interrupt them when they were practicing their composition, Jongin decided to enter first before they started. He saw the two lovebirds immediately pull away from each other, and they greeted him with widened eyes, as if they'd been caught in the act. 

"Oh, it's just Kyung- Wait, this is still Jongin, isn't it?" Baekhyun turned to Chanyeol, and the boy nodded back at him. "Ahh, I still haven't gotten very used to this whole body switching thing yet. Did you... see us?"

"We weren't planning on doing anything else!" Chanyeol waved his hands defensively in the air.

Jongin smirked, he didn't want to press in the love life anyway. He just came to ask a question. Leaning against the doorframe with his hands in his pockets, he nonchalantly asked. "Have you guys seen Kyungsoo? Did he come to school today?"

"A-Ah, Jongin?" Baekhyun smoothly covered it up when the three of them saw some students passing by. "I don't think I saw him today. He wasn't at his classroom or the soccer field?"

"No, he wasn't. I didn't see him for the whole day today, do you think something happened to him?" Jongin wondered, his worried tone causing the two boys in the classroom to grin idiotically.

"Hey, Jongin." Chanyeol called, snapping him out of his thoughts. "Are you perhaps, you know, worried about our Kyungsoo? Not that I'm saying you are or anything, you just look that way, and I don't think I've ever heard of Kim Jongin being worried for anyone before."

Jongin widened his eyes and pointed a finger at himself. "Me? Worried about someone like Do Kyungsoo? You guys are talking nonsense... I just... just wanted to make sure he wasn't doing anything stupid in my body!"

Yeah, Chanyeol was right. He shouldnt've been worrying about mere things like Kyungsoo not coming to school for a day. It wasn't like he had been kidnapped by a psychopath or anything. It wasn't like himself to be fussing over matters like this, and he wondered what'd came over him. He should've been telling Tao and Sehun the story of how they'd switched bodies and causing trouble with them after that.

"Kyungsoo should be the one worrying about that, though." Baekhyun rubbed his chin, eyeing Jongin up and down. "You've literally destroyed his school uniform. Look, there's dirt on your dress shirt and your shoes look like they've been walking around the world. What were doing anyway? Dancing and playing soccer by yourself?"

"I couldn't help myself, alright? It's not like I have to act like Kyungsoo everywhere I go. When I'm alone I should be allowed to do what I want, just like Kyungsoo. He's probably studying or something somewhere now." Jongin said. "But seriously, you guys have no clue where he is? He didn't call either of you, or anything like that?"

"Nope." The both of them shook their heads in unison. Chanyeol frowned. "But you've got the both of us quite worried now. Should we look for Kyungsoo together? Like you said, he could be studying."

"It's alright, you guys can work on your composition. It looks like I'll have to take my last resort..." Jongin told the both of them.

Befo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter