Twenty

Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Replay when you've finished the song! :^) (long awaited chapter, am i rite? enJOY~ <3)

 

Kyungsoo couldn't figure out why it all felt so foreign once he entered the school grounds after a month of his summer break.

Strangely, he'd went through term one, according to Chanyeol, but he couldn't remember any of it. The minute he woke up from bed, his parents had told him he was having his summer break, and that the next term would begin in a few weeks. He wanted to try to gain those memories back, he knew there must've been something serious that'd possibly happened during that term he couldn't remember   he just didn't know how to remember.

A part of him also kind of didn't want to go on a hunt for his memories, since he had to study and all... for the year end exams. Okay, he was being extremely unreasonable, but school was the only thing he really wanted to focus on at the moment, so he pushed all other crazy thoughts aside. 

Now, on to the good news that was coming his way on this brand new school day!

As usual, the first thing all the students wanted to see upon their return was what club they would be placed in. Kyungsoo didn't know what club he was put in the last term, but he hoped that the school had placed him in the Cooking Club. He rushed past the school gates before his eyes focused on a large crowd nearby, huddled up in front of a board.

Kyungsoo felt a flash of light hit his vision, but before he could even ask himself what it was, somebody pushed past him and the light instantly disappeared. He shook his head to get a hold of himself as he sprinted over to the board with his short legs. He pushed past the students with all his might until he poked his head out of the many bodies squeezing against each other. 

What he saw next was enough to trigger his 4D-self to jump for joy. His name was on the list for the Cooking Club, and it was as if that name shined brighter among the other names. Kyungsoo brought his palms to his cheeks, his mouth forming a gigantic 'O' shape while he was trying to comprehend the fact that he'd finally gotten in to a club he wanted for the first time in his high school life.

"Ooh, you finally got the club you wanted, in your last year too." Baekhyun suddenly appeared behind him, to his surprise. 

"And we're in the same club with you!" Chanyeol remarked enthusiastically as he bounced out from behind the shorter male.

Kyungsoo could only blink at them dumbfoundedly. Wait, what the heck did they mean by that? He focused his eyes back on the board again, and he eventually found both of his friends' names on the list, with Baekhyun's just being about two names away from his own. 

"What   But you two don't even cook." He frowned, turning to his two friends for an explanation. "Park Chanyeol! Byun Baekhyun!"

A look of nervousness crossed over Chanyeol's face before he forced a laugh, his eyes darting from side to side. "Well... I don't know either! Maybe it was because we missed the sign up date online so they just put us in a random club, and we just so happened to end up with you? Ohh, look at the time, haha! We need to get to class soon, you don't want to be late for this new term, am I right Kyungsoo yah? Let's go!"

Before Kyungsoo could even respond to him, the giant had already slung a tight arm around his shoulder. He decided to let the both of them off for this one, since they probably wanted to be together for their last term. They were about to leave for class, but for some reason, Baekhyun was still standing in front of the board, unmoving from his position. 

"Kim Jongin is in the Cooking Club..." Baekhyun murmured (although Kyungsoo could hear it), and his mouth was agape. 

Kim Jongin, that troublemaker? That was the only word Kyungsoo could come up with for that notorious gangster boy. He wasn't one to jump to conclusions, but the only memories he had of him were bad ones. Ones where he'd seen him pick fights in the hallways, ones where he'd seen him rejecting the kindness of others. Truthfully, he didn't want to have anything to do with Kim Jongin at all.

"Hey, Byun Baek! What are you still doing over there? Let's go already!" Kyungsoo decided not to pester the boy about what his mouth had suddenly blurted, and called him over.

Baekhyun snapped out of his daze, "I-I'm coming!"

 

"I... quit the soccer club? Coach, you're joking! Please tell me you are," Jongin tried to playfully nudge his coach, but he was only shoved off agressively. 

"You quit, you punk! Geez, I remember it clearly   you bowing for about five times non-stop, saying you needed to quit because of personal reasons. Jongin ah, did you perhaps get in to an accident? That's why your heads not working the right way today?"

Jongin was speechless. He was certain he would never ever quit the soccer club even if it would put him in danger. Quitting his second favourite thing was the second last thing he would do in his life. The thing that ticked him off the most was that he couldn't remember quitting the soccer club at all, so he couldn't understand the situation he was dealing with right now.

"I'm fine! How could you say that about your own student, coach? I'm not cuckoo in the head, alright?" Jongin half explained, half whined. "Anyways, let's forget all of that, please! Can I join back? Coach? Please? You know we have a tournament coming up in the next few weeks!"

"Yes, I'll accept you back, of course, you punk. But the thing is, since you already quit, you have to sign up for it again. And signing up would mean that you'd have to go for trials and get selected, which would probably take a month or so." The coach massaged his temples exasperatedly the moment Jongin shot him thw most crestfallen look he could pull off. "I'm sorry, Jongin, but it's the school's fairness policy. We can't accept you straightaway just because you're one of our best

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter