Twelve

Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Replay when you've finished the song! :^)

 

 Jongin had left Kyungsoo's stomach in a fluttering mess after their assignment outing. Did gangsters always casually kiss people when they felt like it? The intense stare Jongin gave him after their lips locked was no joke. No matter how much he tried, he couldn't chase the mushy sensation he was feeling away. It was so sudden, but it felt electrifying to him. 

"HE'S CRAZY!!!" Kyungsoo shouted, his voice disrupting Jongin's mother's business downstairs. 

"Kim Jongin! I don't who you're talking about, and I don't know what is wrong with you today but stop your occasional shouting!" The woman bellowed from downstairs. Kyungsoo could imagine her look of unsatisfaction at that moment, but he was occupied with other matters. 

"Holy crap, Kim Jongin you're driving me insane!" He dug his fingers through his brown locks, pulling on them softly. He stared around the room, everything from the action figures cluttered on the shelves to the crumpled navy blue bedsheets reminded him of Jongin. This just had to be the younger boy's room, and they just had to switch bodies. 

Kyungsoo looked at the mirror where Jongin's reflection was parallel with his. He didn't hesitate to reach his hands to squish his face and he noticed how red he was getting. "So this is how you look like when you're flustered, huh? Wait, then he'll see how red my face becomes when he decides to look in the mirror... He wouldn't, right? I'm getting worked up for no reason."

He threw himself on the bed, taking a whiff of Jongin's scent that caused his heart to thump louder. Sighing, he reached for the pillow nearest to him and sat up straight while staring at it. "Jongin, you're crazy." With that said, he tossed the pillow to the corner of the room.

"I need something to clear my mind off this." Kyungsoo slammed his fist on his palm. He rushed downstairs where Jongin's mother was tending to the customers. Business was booming this Sunday, and the girls in the restaurant squealed when they saw him come down. Alright, if I exit from the entrance people will probably trample over me so that's not a good choice. Back door it is.

Before he could escape though, Jongin's mother grabbed ahold of him. "Young man, where do you think you're going?"

Boredly, Kyungsoo replied like how Jongin would. "Just out. I'm going to meet Tao and Sehun, and I need to clear my mind off some things at school."

"Clear your mind?" There was a worried expression on the woman's face. "There isn't anything big happening to school, is there?"

Kyungsoo immediately shook his head and shrugged at her. "No, no. There's nothing going on. Then, I'll be going. I'll help out at the restaurant later."

 

 

Coincidentally, he'd crossed paths with Chanyeol and Baekhyun who were wandering around the sea market looking for him. Chanyeol had his fingers around Baekhyun's wrist and together the both of them swung their arms back and forth, marvelling at the different ranges of seafood the market offered. They were so engaged in teasing each other, they hadn't even noticed him standing before them. 

Kyungsoo took a step forward as he raised his hand up just as the two of them were approaching, but they walked pass him, still admiring the seafood. 

"These two are idiots..." Kyungsoo sighed before turning around and grabbing Chanyeol by the back of his collar. "Well, fancy seeing you two here."

Chanyeol, who first let out a terrified yelp, turned around with widened eyes. "Eh, it's Kyungsoo! See Baek, we didn't have to go around this gigantic place searching for him after all."

"We came here to search for you, but then we got kinda distracted..." Baekhyun embarrassedly scratched the back of his head, giving Kyungsoo a sheepish smile.

"I was searching for you guys too. By the looks of it, though, it doesn't seem like the both of you would've continued looking for me if you carried on gluing your eyes on the food here." Kyungsoo crossed his arms. 

"Hey, we didn't eat anything this morning, alright?" Chanyeol rubbed his stomach and flashed a 'pitiful' pout. "By the way, I heard you and Jongin were out yesterday. Where were you guys?" The giant winked at him face-to-face since they were almost the same height. 

The sheer mention of Jongin couldn't avoid Kyungsoo's cheeks from turning a shade of red. "W-We went to Dongdaemun because of an assignment, it's not what you think..."

"Woah, I've never seen how Jongin blushed before, but thanks to you, we're seeing it for the first time." Baekhyun awed in amazement, as if examining a rare species of human. The shorter boy looked up at him with interest. Baekhyun's eyes were shimmering with curiosity, and he was going to be persistent on unravelling the reason behind Kyungsoo's shyness. "No, they surely did something more. Did he hold your hand or something?"

"No! You think I'd hold hands with that jerk?"

"Hug?"

Kyungsoo shook his head, although in his mind he couldn't halt himself from imagining the scene. "Byun Baek, how many times do I have to tell you  "

"Kissed? You guys?"

The heat was really starting to get to Kyungsoo, eventhough it was the middle of spring and the weather was nowhere near scorching hot. He felt his cheeks burning up, probably on the brink of exploding if he didn't dump his face in a bucket full of ice water fast. It was embarrassing enough to be asked about what Jongin's relationship was with him, but for him to be overreacting like this for no reason?

Psh, it was just a kiss. A smooth and direct one, initiated by the person he least expected it to be. Kim Jongin, who would've sent anyone flying with his punch if they were to ever link him with any subject regarding romance, fluffy unicorns and being a model student. That boy, had simply landed his lips on his witho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter