Three

Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Kyungsoo had no idea what he was doing at the side of the road, in the middle of the night, with Kim. Jong. In. 

"Can I go home now?" He tapped his feet impatiently as he crossed his arms, looking at the younger boy squatting next to a lamp post while he scrolled through his phone. He watched curiously as Jongin set three blue candles on the ground.

Kyungsoo wasn't quite happy when Jongin had called him at eleven at night while he was studying. The boy was lucky he was still awake, or else he wouldnt've come, but it was for school anyway. And today, it was another Tuesday night. He actually regretted giving his number to Jongin, because the only thing the boy would do was boss him around, telling him to meet here and there for their upcoming presentation for their club. It looked like he was really devoting himself to this.

"No, since we're partners, you should stay. If we get a low mark, it's all your fault." Jongin set his phone down before lighting the candles. Kyungsoo could only watch with curiosity as he did it. He wondered what in the world he was up to. What did setting candles have to do with their upcoming presentation?

"What are we doing anyway?" He bent down next to Jongin and held an unlit blue candle in his hands, tilting his head, "Is it your birthday or something?"

"No, my birthday's already over. And we're doing a body switching ritual." Jongin snatched the candle from him before securing it on the pavement and lighting it up. The younger boy stood up as he dusted his palms on his pants.

"Hah!" Kyungsoo slapped his thighs, not noticing that he'd fallen on his bottom after hearing Jongin's idea, "Body switching? You've gone delusional! As if that's possible. I'd give you my whole allowance if it ever happens, which I predict, would be never."

He saw Jongin shake his head, "You'll see. This is going to work. If it does, then you'll really need to give me all your allowance." The boy turned his head around, and Kyungsoo could see a sly smirk grace his lips.

"Whatever. Let's just get this over it and write down our observations. So, what do we have to do?" Kyungsoo asked, signs of boredom visible on his face.

"Easy. First, wait until the clock strikes two." Jongin checked his watch which read five minutes to two.

Kyungsoo yawned. He was tired, and he really wanted to go home to get a good night's rest, "Then? Is this ritual going to take an hour? Because if it is, I'd rather be given detention."

"Keep your mouth shut, and follow after my instructions. It'll be cool, unless you're a chicken and wanna run." Jongin raked his fingers through his hair. For some reason, Kyungsoo thought he was starting to appear more as a senior instead of a junior. Kim Jongin was acting more mature than him when it came to presentations regarding this club.

Since he didn't want to appear acting like a five year old, he decided to just go with Jongin's words.

"Do you really think this will work?" Kyungsoo tapped his foot on the ground, trying to glance over Jongin's shoulder, but he couldn't see since he was tall.

"Don't know. It should." Jongin scratched his head, "It says they date when we switch back our bodies won't be certain, but we'll lose our memories oncce that happens. You up for it, or like I said, you're gonna chicken out?"

Kyungsoo clenched his fists irritatedly, "No, let's do it. It won't work anyway, and if it does, there's no way I'd want to remember you. We're just partners seated together for a stupid club, nothing else."

Jongin didn't reply, and for a second, Kyungsoo was regretting what he'd said to him. He didn't mean it that way, he was just really pissed that he was doing this in the middle of the night. There was school tomorrow, and there were only five more hours for him to sleep.

"Just stand in front of the candles." Jongin pointed to the half melted blue candles which were busy burning away on the pavement. Kyungsoo did as he was told, and the atmosphere around them was suddenly silent. He didn't know if it was because of the harsh words he'd spitted out inconsiderately behind Jongin's back, but that reason seemed most likely.

"Hey, listen - Jongin, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it, we haven't known each other long, and I just got a little short tempered." Kyungsoo stared at the ground after his apology, but there was no response.

"T-Truck."

"Truck?" Kyungsoo looked up from the ground, only to be greeted by intense flashing lights that was enough to blind his vision. All he could see were white gleams of light, before he felt a pair of arms hold tightly on to his shoulders, followed by the thundering crash resembling that of a severe car accident when two big trucks collided with each other.

Everything went pitch black for him in a matter of seconds after the flashing lights.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo woke up to a throbbing headache the next day. The events of yesterday were too vague for him to recall. He ruffled his hair and pulled back the curtains, enabling the sunlight to welcome itself in the room. His eyes squinted in irritation as the blaring sunlight hit his eyes. He never liked mornings, and the thought of getting out of his sweet sanctuary which was in other words, his room, only discouraged him more. When the room was bright enough for him to see, that was when he noticed something wasn't right. 

The room was in a mess, with it's cluttered shelves full of comic books and actions figures, in a great contrast to his clean room where no one would even be able to find a speck of dust. His walls were a different colour, not the simplistic black and white he liked, but instead covered in dark blue. 

He abruptly sprang up from bed before he went through the baby pictures on the study desk. He took a closer look at them, and he was sure they weren't his. The puny child in the picture beared no resemblance to him at all! The child in the picture looked so familiar, but his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter