Twenty-Four

Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  Replay when you've finished the song! :^)   *kawi, bawi, bo! - Korean version of rock paper scissors.

 

"SENIOR TRIP!!!" 

"SOPHOMORE TRIP!!!"

Kyungsoo felt himself being pushed by a random stranger as soon as he stood in front of the location where they were supposed to be having their field trip. The stranger, who had blonde hair and sharp defined featurs when he turned around, stared at him. He had noticeable eyebags under his eyes which Kyungsoo wasn't sure was supposed to be because he hadn't gotten enough sleep or because they were fixed features. Anyways, he looked foreign. 

"Oops, sorry!" The foreign-looking male gave a curt bow before dashing off to join one of his friends. Kyungsoo couldn't figure out why the boy had given him such a strange smirk.

Brushing it off, Kyungsoo stared up at the clear sky. It was just a gorgeous, limitless stretch of bright blue which calmed the whole country for miles and miles. The puffy white clouds looked as soft as cotton as they moved slowly along the sky. To add to the view, Namsan tower was standing mightily amongst the many buildings of the city. The school had certainly picked a great day for some relaxation time. 

All the sophomores and seniors of the school had this whole day to have fun in Namsan Park. The teachers had approved of it since all of them had a ton of stress on their shoulders from the assessments. The freshmen couldn't go as their whole year had some sort of orientation. They were going to be the future role models of the new batch of freshmen, after all.

The students were all dressed in casual clothing, with their school name tags pinned on their shirts. None of them could take those name tags off no matter what, though, Kyungsoo wasn't planning to take the yellow thing off anyway. 

"Kyungsoo! What are you doing still standing there? You'll have plenty of time to enjoy the place later!" Chanyeol hollered over at him from a distance. By the giant's side was his boyfriend Byun Baekhyun who was also frantically waving him over. "We won't get a good spot if you don't hurry up!"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm coming!" Kyungsoo yelled back with slight irritance. His two friends always liked to rush   no wonder they were perfect for each other. He didn't understand why they didn't want to enjoy their breathtaking surroundings first. Maybe he was just the weird one, because literally no one was by the bus anymore except for him. 

He rushed over to Chanyeol and Baekhyun. The both of them had already made their territory on the grass-covered ground. It was a nice spot under the shade, and they hurriedly unpacked all their things on the mat. Kyungsoo tiredly walked over to their spot, dumping his heavy bag on the ground. He stretched in exhaustion. 

"Ah, I'm seriously not going to carry that much anymore!" Kyungsoo squatted down, wiping his sweat with sleeve of his sweater. He didn't notice his two friends eyeing his bag that seemed to be bulging with items. But when he did, he frowned at them. "What is it? Why're you guys staring at my bag like that?" Kyungsoo circled his arms protectively around his poor bag. 

"Just what in the world did you bring, Do Kyungsoo?" Baekhyun gestured his head to the bag as he squatted down. "It's as if you're preparing for the end of the world or something. I assure you, we're not going to have a natural disaster anytime soon, if that's what you're concerned about. Come on, show us what's in that... bag of yours."

Kyungsoo really didn't want to show them, but they were so intent on finding what was in his bag, he had no choice. He ped his bag, and the first thing he pulled out was a first aid kit. The next things were flashlights, multiple filled water bottles, a pot, a spare change of clothes and some cutlery sets. Everything in his bag of course, had a purpose. He wouldnt've brought them if there wasn't going to be any use for them. The stuff he'd brought seemed pretty decent to him, but his two friends shook their heads. 

"Why... in the world did you bring a pot? And a flashlight?" Baekhyun held the gigantic flashlight which was dangling right in front of him. 

"Because you said we were going to cook ramen. I bring the pot. Chanyeol brings the ramen, and you bring the stove." Kyungsoo tilted his head in the confusion, not quite gettng what Baekhyun's incessant questions were for. He was positive they were discussing on who would bring what for the ramen cooking yesterday. 

"Oh, yeah... We did discuss that, Baek." Chanyeol rummaged through his bag before laying three packs of instant noodles on the mat. "I guess you forgot, heh."

"Right, that stupid stove," Baekhyun widened his eyes once he realised it, "I totally forgot about it! I think my brother wanted to use it or something. Hey   Park Chanyeol, why are you giving me that look? I didn't forget it because I wanted to, alright? Aish, come here you punk!" Baekhyun pounced on his tall boyfriend, and the both of them collapsed together, leaving Kyungsoo with an odd feeling that he was starting to become a third wheel. 

"Geez, you guys should take this somewhere else!" Kyungsoo creased his eyebrows together as he rested each of his hands on either sides of their heads to push them apart from each other. The cheesiness of the whole scene was almost going to make him gag. 

"Fine, fine! Then, let's play rock paper scissors! Whoever loses needs to buy the ice cream. Buying ice cream means all the way uphill where the nearest convenience store is." Chanyeol shot up instantly after suggesting the game. 

The atmosphere around the three of them had started to become even tenser by the minute. They stared at each other intensely; their eyes never tore off from their stares for the slightest second. This was almost equivalent to a game of life and death. If Kyungsoo lost, it meant these two would have more sweet time to themselves. He wasn't going to let that happen, because for so many long years he'd seen ChanBaek's relationship progress from strangers to lovers. 

This time, he wanted to win!

"First to three points wins!"

*"Kawi-bawi-bo!" 

Baekhyun lost. 

"Kawi-bawi-bo!"

"Ah crap! I shouldnt've put paper!" Chanyeol ruffled his hair. 

"Kawi-bawi-bo!"

Kyungsoo lost.

"Kawi-bawi-bo!"

"Hahah, tough luck, Do Kyungsoo!" Baekhyun grinned in amusement, and Kyungsoo didn't hesitate to nudge the boy in the side. 

"Last one, kawi-bawi-bo!"

"You guys... will seriously be the death of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter