Five

Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Have you ever danced before?"

"Yeah, in kindergarten." Kyungsoo glanced at Jongin, who looked unimpressed by his answer. "What? It's literally the only memory I have of me dancing."

"Tsch, whatever. I can't believe I expected a much more grand answer from you. Aren't you supposed to be the sunbae, who should have lots of amazing stories to tell us juniors?" Jongin tutted like a mother scolding her kids. "Well, I guess I was wrong. Especially if it's a story coming from a person like Do Kyungsoo, it's nothing exciting."

"You don't know how much I feel like hitting you..." Kyungsoo murmured, staring at the short junior who was busy looking around the area they were exploring at. Thank goodness he hadn't heard it.

"Hey, wanna get some bubble tea? They have coffee too." Jongin grabbed his arm out of nowhere before dragging him to a nearby cafe.

"Eh?" 

Kyungsoo watched as Jongin flung out his wallet, and turned to him upon realising it's contents. He held the wallet in front of his face. "Oh yeah, this is yours, isn't it? I guess we forgot to switch."

"Yeah..." Kyungsoo scratched the back of his head, but widened his eyes. "Wait... then don't tell me - You were using my money?!"

There was no response from the younger boy as a simple smirk took over his smooth lips. Jongin snatched his wallet that Kyungsoo was holding before grabbing his hand, placing his own wallet on his palm. This boy was indeed someone who couldn't give excuses. He was the type that would try to mesmerise you until you forgave him.

There was one thing that Jongin didn't know though. Kyungsoo wasn't the type to fall for it.

"You're paying me back when we switch bodies." He nudged Jongin, who shrugged. He watched him casually order two drinks (he didn't know what flavour because he hadn't bothered listening), and pass the cashier the money. 

Since Jongin hadn't even paid any attention to him because he was waiting for the drinks to be done, he decided to take a seat. He admired the interior of the shop while he waited, enjoying the simplistic furniture and the aroma of coffee dancing around in the air. He tapped his fingers on the table as he nodded to the catchy music playing in the cafe. He never had this type of habit before, so maybe it was supposed to be a natural reaction from Jongin's body.

The sound of drinks being placed on the table snapped him out of his relaxing thoughts, and he looked up to see Jongin smirking at him as he took a seat in front of him. Kyungsoo stared at him weirdly, snatched his drink away and gestured his head at the boy.

"What?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Nothing." Jongin replied, but burst out in to joyful laughter, revealing Kyungsoo's signature squishy smile. "You looked comfortable daydreaming and smiling like an idiot. But seriously, you're making me look like one, so stop it." He reached his hand to ruffle Kyungsoo's hair, catching him off guard. "Woah, I never knew my hair felt this soft. It always felt so rough before. Looks like you've taken better care of it than me."

For a second, Kyungsoo was speechless because of Jongin's actions. What was he trying to play at? They had never acted this close before - were they even supposed to? It seemed as if it was yesterday that Jongin had told him to out of the group project and stormed off without another word. 

Clearing his throat, Kyungsoo awkwardly sipped on his drink. "Y-Yeah, now you only realised? Looks like you at least know how to wash hair properly. My hair still looks the same, so thanks for keeping it normal."

"No problem. That's the least I can do for spending all your allowance money." Jongin smirked triumphantly.

Kyungsoo tilted his head to the side and widened his eyes. "Yah, Kim Jongin!" He slammed his hand on the coffee table, half rising up from his seat.

He never expected Jongin to do something twice as daring. So daring it was enough to make his heart skip a beat.

Jongin slammed both of his palms on the table lightly, although it was enough for the drinks to shake, and rised from his seat. Slowly he leaned nearer and nearer to him until their faces were mere inches apart. If someone were to pass by them from a certain angle, they would've thought the both of them were doing that thing people in love did...

"What is it? Do Kyungsoo." Jongin grinned childishly at him and Kyungsoo could only blink like a clueless child. "What are you going to do about it? Or shall we see, what I'm going to do about it."

"Just keep your mouth shut and drink, will you?" Kyungsoo turned his face away from the boy, unaware of his face reddening. He arranged Jongin's messy bangs so they could cover his eyes, and so Jongin couldn't tell how he was feeling.

Thankfully, Jongin agreed and decided to sit down. He remained silent from there. Kyungsoo fidgeted with his fingers awkwardly. He could feel Jongin's stare glued on him eventhough his bangs were covering half of his vision. The younger boy wouldn't take his eyes off of him as he sipped on his drink so nonchalantly. 

"What's with your bangs, seriously..." Jongin tried his best to stifle a laugh. "You're making me look like some type of sinister looking guy. Hey, Do Kyungsoo, I'm sorry if I made you flustered, okay?"

"Flustered?" Kyungsoo frowned at Jongin. "W-Who said I was flustered by you? And plus, you're in my body and being face to face with myself does not make me flustered, so stop assuming." He finished the remains of his blended coffee and rose from his seat, before sweeping Jongin's messy bangs away, "There, I fixed it. You don't have to worry about me hurting your precious body Mr. Kim, so if you'll excuse me, I'll be on my way."

There weren't anymore things they could do together anyway. They weren't that close, and they were only hanging out because they'd switched bodies, that was how it all started. It was going to stay that way, and Jongin probably thought the same too. Kyungsoo didn't care what Jongin was going to do in his body, because if he did anything stupid, then Kyungsoo would do the same. 

Just as Kyungsoo was about to throw his cup in the trashcan and leave, he felt someone grab him by the wrist. He looked down at Jongin who was staring at him wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter