Twenty-Eight

Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Replay when you've finished the song! :^) (HEALERRR)

WARNING : This chapter is the final chapter of this story. I don't want to leave yet :^(

“Five more minutes…” Kyungsoo muttered half-asleep as he buried his face in his pillow.

He turned around and he was satisfied to find that the bed was empty. He’d never expected his bedroom to be so comfortable. He didn’t know what day it was, or what time it was, but he was sure he wanted to stay in this position forever.

It was then that he could feel someone’s fingertips brush his fringe away from his forehead. Honestly, Kyungsoo was currently too sleepy to be paying attention to anything at all. He loved the warmth he was feeling under the covers, how the air conditioner was blowing at his face. If today weren’t a school day, he would’ve humbly stayed in this position for the whole weekend. He pulled the covers over himself, but they were unhesitantly taken away from him.

His peace was soon disturbed when his mind ended up thinking back to yesterday’s events. He’d unintentionally fallen asleep at Jongin’s place without any realisation at all. Although Jongin had asked him beforehand, Kyungsoo found the idea absurb because like the model student he wanted to become, he really didn’t want to imagine what they would be doing.

Not that he was expecting anything.

Suddenly, Kyungsoo felt fingers circle around his wrist, pulling him up in an instant. His eyes were now wide open, and right in front of him was Jongin’s grinning face. The younger boy was sitting opposite beside him with his legs crossed.

Kyungsoo was supposed to smile, he was supposed to be ecstatic that Jongin was the first person he’d woken up to on this fine morning, but his face was flushed in embarrassment. He cursed inwardly to himself because he hadn’t escaped last night, so that was how he ended up here in the first place, with Jongin seeing him with his unattractive morning face.

“Why did you have to see me like this…” Kyungsoo frowned in dissatisfaction, and he attempted to cover his face with his hands.

Kyungsoo wasn’t like any of those drama protagonists people saw on television, who effortlessly could wake up without any drool on the corners of their lips or their eyelids half-open. He was just another ordinary person living in the city of Seoul that didn’t have time to care about looks in the morning. However now, it was a different situation, because Jongin was the first person who’d ever seen him in this sort of messy state.

While Jongin, obviously, could pull off the flawless look pretty well. The younger boy was clad in a simple black hoodie and black Adidas sport shorts. His hair was attractively disheveled and his brown orbs were bright, full of so much energy in the hours of the morning. He looked so flawless to Kyungsoo. How the heck was it even possible? Not to mention, the way he ran his slender fingers through his dark-coloured locks of hair was just... frustrating in a way.

Though, Kyungsoo certainly had no idea how mesmerising he appeared to his boyfriend. Jongin loved everything about his morning-look. From the way his hair pointed in all directions to the way his eyelids were half-open; he loved it all.

“Good morning to you too, Do Kyungsoo.” Jongin gently removed the older boy’s hands away which were covering his face.

“Don’t you feel disgusted to see me like this?” Kyungsoo’s head was lowered while his eyes stared at Jongin’s fingers wrapped around his wrists.

“No, I think this you look best in this state. Actually, I think you look like perfection no matter what state you’re in.” Jongin pulled at his wrists, causing Kyungsoo’s body to move closer to him.

When they were close enough, Jongin wrapped his arms around him without second thoughts. The younger boy’s hand rested on the small of his back. They stayed that way for a while, not wanting to leave each other’s arms for even the slightest second. Jongin cradled the both of them back and forth in the comforting silence of the morning where only the chirping of the birds filled the air.

Jongin sighed in content before pulling back. Smiling, he whispered in Kyungsoo’s ear, causing tingles to run down his spine. “Do you know what we did yesterday?”

The boy didn’t need to say anymore; because those were the only words it took to send Kyungsoo’s face flushing in a red mess. His heart thumped rapidly against his chest as his eyes widened. He was legitimately speechless on how to respond.

Sure, Kyungsoo definitely knew what they’d done yesterday. He was in Jongin’s bedroom, asleep like a log for the whole night. And then… alright—he really had no idea what they’d done last night. He tried to convince himself that it wasn’t anything terrible, but why did his mind keep flashing all types of scenarios at him?

This was truly frustrating. One reason being because Jongin wasn’t telling him, and just giving him a moronic grin which sent butterflies forming in the depths of his stomach. He probably wanted Kyungsoo to figure it out all by himself. The second reason being because his mind could only remember up until the moment he fell asleep.

“W-What did we do?” Kyungsoo stuttered nervously, waiting for the junior to answer him.

“We cuddled.” Jongin chuckled—his laughs sounded like music to Kyungsoo’s ears.

W-What? Cuddled? Thank god… Kyungsoo heaved a relieved sigh, causing his boyfriend to raise his eyebrows in confusion. Oh, if only Jongin knew how cuddling sounded a million times better to Kyungsoo more than anything else in the world. The only thing he wasn’t satisfied with was that he was asleep while Jongin had most likely wrapped his arms around him, kissed his forehead more than ten times and whispered sweet nothings in to his ear. All that, and he had been asleep the whole time when it happened. Great job, Do Kyungsoo.

You’re so stupid… Kyungsoo scolded himself mentally before frowning to himself.

It took Jongin's brain a few seconds to process what Kyungsoo was trying to get at. When he finally did, his face couldn't stop itself from contorting in to a erted expression. Moving closer towards Kyungsoo, Jongin neared his face to his, a mischeivious grin plastered on his beautiful features. "Why? Did you think we could do anything else other than cuddling? Do Kyungsoo, perhaps..."

He knew where this conversation was going.

“It’s not what you’re thinking!”

“Did you—possibly think I was going to do something uncalled for to you? Like, kiss you or something? Or maybe… were you disappointed that you were asleep while we cuddled?” Jongin gasped dramatically, overexaggerating his words in the process. This only caused Kyungsoo to get more flustered with his words.

“N-No! I wasn’t thinking about either of those things, Kim Jongin!”

“Ah, so it turns out that you’re a total cuddling maniac, huh?”

Hold on—Kyungsoo wanted to be anything else other than a cuddling maniac. It was the most absurb nickname anyone had ever decided to give him. Even Baekhyun and Chanyeol hadn’t given him embarrassing nicknames like this one Jongin had just decided to call him playfully.

“It’s really not like that!” Kyungsoo’s face contorted in to one filled with irritance since Jongin was making too many assumptions he couldn’t defend himself from. Half of it was true, that he humiliatingly had to admit.

Jongin’s eyes formed in to crescents, and the corners of his lips quirked up with amusement.

On the other hand, Kyungsoo was trying to explain himself. “The r-r-reason I frowned and sighed was because—“

He was interrupted by something soft landing on his right cheek. Jongin pulled back, still with that grin stuck on his face. “You’re really cute, Kyungsoo.”

“E-Eh?”

Again, Jongin laughed. This time, he swung in for a sweet, loving peck on his lips. Kyungsoo felt the electrifying sensation all over again, eventhough it was just a simple kiss.

He wanted to hold back his happiness, but he lost it and enabled his feelings to take over his face. His eyes widened and his lips curved upwards. “Kim Jongin!”

“I really, really like you, Do Kyungsoo.” Jongin rested both of his hands on either side of Kyungsoo’s shoulders. He brought the older boy’s forehead closer to his lips before he planted a swift kiss on it.

“Is really, really another word for love?” Kyungsoo blinked.

“I think it is.” Jongin placed his palm on the shorter boy’s head, ruffling his tousled strands of jet-black hair.

 

 

 

Unfortunately, their time together was short-lived as Kyungsoo remembered they still had school to attend. Just because they’d regained their memories back didn’t mean they could skip a whole day of school to catch up with each other. They had the opportunity to do that whenever.

Jongin was upset upon hearing that they still needed to head for school, and it really took a lot of persuading to convince him to go. They’d agreed with each other that they wanted to surprise their friends after school since none of them knew that the both of them had obtained their memories.

Jongin had been childish before and he hadn’t changed one bit. The younger was no doubt, reluctant to leave his side. Kyungsoo still still remember his embarrassing reaction so vividly in his mind. I have to wait until lunch time to see you? That makes no sense at all! It’s impossible!

As Kyungsoo thought of the events that’d occurred this morning, he couldn’t help but chuckle to himself, forgetting the fact that he was in class.

"Yah, Do Kyungsoo. Did you even hear about what I s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter