Twenty-One

Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n : longer than usual! <3 Remember to replay if you've finished :^)

also, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE 300 SUBS LOVELIES, YOUR SUPPORT MEANS THE WORLD TO ME~ :))
 

 

Talking to someone as if they were so close to each when they'd just met was definitely a little bit odd. Something definitely shouldnt've been right about that, and it just so happened that Kyungsoo was the one who'd done it. 

He couldn't keep his eyes off of Jongin, who was staring intently back at him, his mouth slightly agape from the words he'd just spat at him. He never expected to shout in the first place, he told himself he was just going to straightforwardly tell the boy he wasn't supposed to put so much flour in the bowl. But the moment he opened his mouth, he found himself unconciously shouting those words while having no idea where in the world they came from. 

Even Chanyeol and Baekhyun, who were sitting across from them, couldn't keep their eyes glued off the scene. However, Kyungsoo was in too much of a daze to notice any of that, his mind was finding an explainable reason. He tried to claw through his brain for an excuse that would let him off, something relating to Jongin, until he realised he didn't know anything about this junior in front of him at all. His mind just wasn't able to search for anything, and it only made it more perplexing since Jongin didn't seem to want to take his eyes off him. 

All the noise made by the students in the classroom were instantly by drowned out by Kyungsoo. His eyes suddenly could only focus on Jongin's lips, which were slightly moving, although he couldn't decipher what the other boy was trying to say. Those lips continued to move, but still, it was as if all the noise had been muted from Kyungsoo's ears, and time stopped for a brief moment while his eyes were focused on Jongin's.

In that short moment where time seemed to freeze, Kyungsoo focused on analysing what Jongin lips were mouthing. He was sure those weren't meant for him directly, but he could make out the words after a few seconds. How does he know... 

Kyungsoo didn't know how he knew either, so basically he was clueless in this situation. Kim Jongin's mom? Restaurant? What the heck was that? Really, his mind was blank when he tried to connect those points.

"D-Do Kyungsoo..."

Everything immediately resumed, and Kyungsoo was back to reality instead of his dreamland. Was he in his right mind, or did he just hear Jongin stutter his name? He frantically turned to look at Baekhyun, whose hand gestures were too overexaggerated for him to understand. He focused his eyes the other way to find Chanyeol's finger pointed towards the doorway.

"U-Uh, I need to g-go! Sorry  " He ruffled his hair frustratedly before pushing past Jongin, storming out of the classroom. 

Kyungsoo was unaware of where his legs were taking him, but as long as it was somehwere secluded, he was fine with it. Finally, he collapsed behind the school building where he could see people walking past the wired fence. 

With his back pressed against the hard concrete of the school's building, his whole body slowly slid down until he touched the floor. He stared at his legs spread out on the ground, and his mind was unknowingly trailing off to Jongin. There was something about him, the damn problem was that Kyungsoo couldn't figure it out! He knew what he felt when he saw Jongin   a faint déjà vu feeling mixed with his slightly throbbing heart. The reason for these feelings were unknown to him. 

Kim Jongin... I must definitely know something about you, but how can that be possible if the both of us are strangers to each other? Why the heck did I suddenly say that out of nowhere, without thinking?! Exactly, there must've been something that happened in that first term that I can't remember. This is starting to become some type of mystery that I, a ty detective, can't solve. Can I just ask him about it? But he definitely doesn't know, and what if he beats me up?!

Kyungsoo's face slowly contorted in fear when he pictured Jongin's flaring eyes ready to exterminate him. His hands hurriedly reached up to tangle his fingers around his hair, and he stomped legs frustratedly on the ground.

"THIS IS SO FREAKING COMPLICATED!"

He knocked his head against the wall, squeezing his eyes shut as he made hideous crying sounds which weirded out the people who were walking past him. It must've been horrible to have seen such a sight in their normal days. He didn't pay attention to any of them though, since he felt like he was almost on the verge of enraged tears. 

After a few minutes, the sound of the bell rang a distance away, signalling the end of school. Kyungsoo was still helplessly on the ground like an idiot who'd just been beat up, except that he was indeed crying out of misery. Sniffing, he flung out his phone since he hadn't checked it for quite some time. No, he was not weird, he was always a tad forgetful about the fact that he had a phone. 

His finger swiped through the different screens on his phone; there was nothing much to look at, really. But then, there was something that caught his attention. On the message application at the bottom of his phone, there was a bright red circle with the number one in the middle of it. Hm, I've never seen this message before...

"Hey, Kyungsoo!"

Just as Kyungsoo was about to click on the icon, his head shot up to find two of his friends standing a few feet away from him. He stuffed his phone in his pocket before standing up, gingerly holding his hand up to greet them. Chanyeol and Baekhyun ran over to him, both with identical bewildered looks on their faces. 

"What's up?"

"Um, about just now..." Baekhyun inched closer to him, "are you starting to remember? Everything?"

Huh? Everything? About what? "What am I starting to remember?" Kyungsoo questioned, his face displaying much seriousness. "Does it have to do with Kim Jongin? Surely, you guys must know something about it, right?"

"We..." Baekhyun started, hesitant about what he was going to say. The boy bit on his lip before hiding behind his tall boyfriend, "Chanyeol, tell Kyungsoo, please. I think we should tell him, because obviously we're going to get nowhere if we leave him clueless like this."

"Eh? Me?" Chanyeol turned around to look at the shorter male with a baffled look on his face. "B-But.. Agh, fine... Kyungsoo yah, I'm sorry for this, but don't be too flustered..."

 

 

"No no no no no, I'm not believing it!"

"Hey, Kyungsoo, wait! We're telling you it's the truth goddamn it!"

Kyungsoo had both of his hands firmly pressed on either side of his ears as he fast-walked towards the Boy Who Cried Wolf. He'd been starting to miss Minseok and Luhan, and he was also hoping they would tell him the stories he'd heard from ChanBaek weren't true. 

He wanted to hear that it wasn't true from at least one person   that he and Jongin, were dating. According to Chanyeol and Baekhyun, the reason he couldn't remember anything was because he and Jongin had switched bodies, and somewhere along the lines of that mess, they'd unexpectedly fallen in love. There was no way in hell he was in love with Kim Jongin! 

Body switching? That was crazy, no   it was beyond crazy. Kyungsoo was never going to believe something

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter