Eighteen

Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Replay when you've finished the song! :^)

a/n : Long chapter for you lovelies! <3 Thanks for supporting this story! ^^

 

Why do the most unexpected things happen during the worst times?

"Kyungsoo, why don't you go outside?" Jongin sighed as Mrs. Do yelled from downstairs. "It's summer holidays, and you've studied so hard for the past week! I'd rather you go out with your friends for some outdoor activities instead than lazing around upstairs!"

Outside... Jongin, who was sprawled on the bed, turned to look at the window. The sun was beaming it's radiant rays on his face, and the moment he felt the overpowering hotness shining on him, he immediately sat up to avoid it. He didn't feel like going outside, although it served as his only way to physically meet his friends. 

As he stared out the window, Kyungsoo suddenly popped up in his mind. No matter how much he wanted to meet the older boy, upon seeing the heat waves lingering in the outside atmosphere, he fell back on bed lazily. "Maybe tomorrow, or the day after. It's freaking hot outside, you could literally cook an egg on the sidewalk." He shouted back as a reply.

Kyungsoo's mother didn't respond, because after a few seconds the doorbell sounded. Jongin didn't care about it though, thinking she must've been having some visitors over or something. He his side, grabbing a stray comic that happened to be of his arm's reach. Thank goodness Do Kyungsoo wasn't as odd as he would've thought. Comics were a must on every high schooler's shelf, according to his belief. 

While he flipped through the pages, his face unusually had begun to turn redder by the second. His eyes enlarged to the size of saucers, and he gripped the edges of the book tightly before drawing it further away from his face. He placed the book face front, sitting up on bed yet again. That was the most obscene comic he'd ever seen in his life. 

"That..." Jongin coughed, "was... So, he owns one of those kinds of books?!"

"What book?"

Greeting him at the doorframe were two figures dressed in casual clothing. Both of them were tall, and had brains the sizes of peanuts. But, they were still, unevitably, Jongin's friends.

"B-Book? Um, no, I was talking about colouring books. I never knew Kyungsoo owned colouring books for kids, for his age! Haha..." Jongin hurriedly glanced over at the comic and closed it shut, garnering more attention from the two. 

A look of mischief crossed over Tao's face as he hopped on to the bed where Jongin was hiding the comic. "You didn't hear us come, did you? I'm sure I heard Kyungsoo's mom call you. Aish, you're really evil, Kim Jongin, enjoying something so nice by yourself." His head gestured to the comic Jongin was hiding behind his back. "It's , isn't it? Come on, we're your friends, Jongin! Right, Hun?" Tao turned to Sehun for some support. 

Sehun widened his eyes at the mention of '', but managed to keep his calm. "U-Uh, yeah. You know how hot the weather is outside, and being your close friends, we took it to ourselves to come here, so I t-think we deserve the p-p-privilege to look at t-that."

Tsk, this boy always gets flustered at these type of things. So much for looking like someone who'd be good at . Jongin eyed Sehun up and down, shaking his head in disappointment, until he realised. W-Wait, but I'm no different either. . He cursed inwardly, remembering how bewildered he'd gotten by the images in the book. 

"Y-You guys can look at it later, for goodness' sake!" Jongin threw the book towards Tao in furstration. "What the heck are you guys here for, by the way? If it's about playing soccer, or walking around the streets just to grab attention, then you can forget it. I'm not in the mood today, especially in this type of weather."

"Woah, it's getting hot..." Tao's eyes were glued on the book, but he still gave a response. "Well, we were going to ask for the latter... But we decided to go visit Kyungsoo hyung instead. You know a ton of people go to the restaurant during summer, and he's probably hella busy! It'd be a great idea to help."

"Hn, so that's why he's been ignoring my calls." Jongin crossed his arms and frowned like a child. He was still kind of upset at his boyfriend who'd not even bothered to call him once. Why did he even think texting was a good thing to do in the first place? He was only doing it because he wanted to enjoy the thrill of dating, but it seemed that the both of them didn't fancy it, so eventually he'd given it up. Seeing him physically was much more better, now that he thought about it.

"Eyy, come on, Jongin hyung." Tao sighed. "You know Kyungsoo hyung isn't good at expressing his emotions. Sehun and I hung out with him less than you, and we can tell already! He's really reserved, like a little chestnut hiding in it's shell."

"That's why I'm getting him to try!" Jongin retorted as he stood up, grabbing the comic from both of his friends who were evidently immersed in it. "Yah, just leave that, will you? You guys've looked at it enough, so let's go already."

"Just wait for awhile, seriously." Sehun snatched the book from Tao, since he hadn't gotten a single chance to have it to himself.

 

"Taemin hyung, you prepare the side dishes   Two bowls of abalone and rice porridge, Hyun take care of that for me, will you? Jisung, wash the clams for the stew and when you're done, pass them to me! Minsoo, stop loafing around, those squids won't cook themselves!"

Kyungsoo wiped the sweat off his forehead before adding more salt to the clam stew. He nodded his head in approval when it started to take the right colour. He grabbed the ladle and took a sip. Mhm, not bad, honestly. But there are still so many freaking dishes to work on!

"Jongin, I think we're short on manpower!" Hyun   one of the chefs in the kitchen among the names Kyungsoo had called just now, informed. The both of them were the same age. 

Honestly, Kyungsoo never would've thought he'd get the oppurtunity to work in a kitchen for real. He did dream of it before, when he cooked for himself when his parents weren''t around, but that was just his own fantasy. He would say the dishes he prepared were mediocre, but people were unbelievably enjoying it. The word of him spread around so much, to the point where Jongin's mom's restaurant could basically be classified as a new tourist attraction.

Life in the kitchen was surely tiring, there was no doubt about it, considering how busy the place had recently gotten. Rumours spreaded faster than lighting, with people saying how Kim Jongin could've been a master chef in his past life. Jongin was getting all the recognition, and nobody would ever know it was someone else behind all of it. Though, Kyungsoo didn't mind it in the slightest bit, as long as he was having fun, he could do anything. He'd discovered this newfound confidence inside him when he cooked, and he loved it. 

"Uhm, what are we having trouble with?" 

"The dishes need washing, and a few tables ordered tuna pancakes but each of us are working on different dishes, so we can't tend to that one!" Hyun responded, a deeply troubled expression showing on his face.

"Alright, hold on. Take care of the stew for me, will you?" Kyungsoo patted Hyun on the back before he took off his apron. He took a look in the mirror hanging near the entrance of the kitchen, and his heart thumped loudly at Jongin's face staring back at him. He had to stop reacting like that. He was in Jongin's body, after all.

Thousands of murmurs greeted him when he stepped out of the kitchen. Obviously, people were amazed by Jongin's beauty. 

"Wow, is that Ms. Kim's son? I heard he's the spotlight chef in here."

"He's good looking, like all those other chefs in the kitchen."

"His face looks like it's shining!"

Before he cou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter