Fifteen

Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  Replay when you've finished the song! :^)

 

Days, which soon progressed in to weeks, passed. Spring   the season for lovers   waved it's farewells to Seoul. The cherry blossoms everyone would often see on their way to school, offices or supermarkets were no longer swaying calmly on the tree branches. The spring breeze that frequently blew on fine mornings, giving people pleasant chills down their spines, disappeared.

New, fresh leaves replaced the branches of trees around the city. It was the time of the year where the sun shone it's brightest, brighter than the shiniest piece of metal in the whole world. Yes, that was how smoking hot it was getting. Even the shade trees provided couldn't be of help to the people. They could still feel the heat creeping up their bodies. 

Summer was going to kill everyone with it's uncalled for heatwaves! Woohoo! (No sarcasm intended...)

"This weather is killing me!" Tao whined, sitting lazily at his desk with his head hung back as if he was dead and legs propped up on the table. "I missed spring! And I can't believe they're making us wear these suffocating uniforms!" He added, eyeing their school uniform   which consisted of a white short sleeved dress shirt, red tie and dark gray pants   in disgust. "I wish we could go out ."

Sehun was resting against the windowsill of the classroom, next to the Tao's desk. The boy scoffed at his friend. "Huang Zitao, don't go overboard. At least they're not asking us to wear our blazers in summer. I saw a bunch of students from another high school in the morning, and they had to wear those thick, expensive-looking blazers. I think all of them were almost on the verge of dying. Their school has a really strict dress code."

"Eh, really?" Tao gasped dramatically. "Well, that makes me feel a bit better. Thank god we're not in a strict school like theirs! Right, Kyungsoo hyung?"

Kyungsoo, who was too absorbed in his own thoughts about other important things he should've been worrying about aside from the summer heat, snapped out of it. He turned his head to find Jongin's two friends blinking at him with curiosity. He hadn't even been listening to what they were talking about!

"H-Huh? What did you guys say?" He blinked back at them with equal amount of curiosity. 

Tao shook his head and grinned. "Nah, it's nothing. You look like you're too busy thinking about something, or maybe someone~" He lifted himself off his chair before slinging his bag over his shoulder. "We're going to head out first, since we have things to do."

"Oh yeah, and Jongin said he wanted to talk to you about some test earlier." Sehun recalled when he and Tao were standing at the doorway. "I don't know what it's about, but don't get too naughty now Kyungsoo hyung. Have fun~" Did Oh Sehun just...? Ah, nevermind.

With those words being said, the two of them dashed down the corridors, leaving Kyungsoo to dread for the time Jongin was going to arrive with his test. He buried his head in his arms as he resumed his worrying.

 

 

Kyungsoo wanted to take his math test from the start, despite still being trapped in Jongin's body. Doing well in school was what he lived for; it was the purpose of all his sleepless nights on his desk. You could say he was relying on his grades since he was unsure about his future. He knew with his amount of knowledge, the possibilities of a suitable occupation were endless, but even so, they weren't the ones he desired. All his friends had their futures planned out, but he was still behind, still deciding. Chanyeol wanted to be a guitarist and Baekhyun, following his boyfriend, wanted to be a singer so they could create some top duet group. Even Tao and Sehun had dreams.

That was why this test really mattered to him. All tests mattered to him, to be more precise. Entrusting Jongin to take on such a matter, especially since he was one year younger than him, was a stupid thing to do. But no matter how much he tried to protest, Jongin wouldn't have any of it. He wondered if Jongin was just trying to act cocky, thinking he was some sort of genius, or was he genuinely confident he would ace this test? Maths was definitely not a simple subject, unless you were some type of math prodigy.

Their relationship had been nothing but developing in to countless surprise kisses (most initiated by Jongin), tagging along with Jongin for his mischevious antics and Jongin sitting across Kyungsoo in the library, fingers locked around the older boy's wrist as he studied. Jongin seemed to be deeply smitten with him. He never expressed his emotions often and he still acted cold, since he still had the title of the school's infamous gangster boy, but Kyungsoo could see from his actions that he cared for him.

Pushing that romantic talk aside... If Jongin failed this test, Kyungsoo sweared he would try to stuff him in a trashcan even if meant getting his own uniform tainted. 

"You look dead." A familiar voice sounded in the empty classroom. 

Kyungsoo shot his head up and saw Jongin standing in front of him with an inquiring look plastered on his innocent face. He stopped imagining his Jongin-in-a-trashcan thoughts. 

"Jongin, my test. What did you get for my test?" He mumured, completely disregarding the younger boy's immature comment no matter how true it proved to be. Kyungsoo could've passed off as a zombie if it weren't for those attractive looks. But at the moment there were eyebags under his eyes and he looked really unkempt.

"Crap, I almost forgot about that stupid thing..." Jongin frowned as he scratched the back of his head, inching backwards. 

"Look, I know you have the brain of a snail's, but please tell me you at least got more than 10 marks on this paper."

"Excuseeee me? A snail? Out of all things, it's a snail? Hey, have you ever seen a snail as good looking as me?" Jongin widened his eyes and pretended to be hurt by placing a hand on his heart. "Now I don't feel like giving you that paper, Do Kyungsoo. And even if you try to find it, I hid it in a confidential place."

"So you did know about it!" Kyungsoo glared at the younger boy. It was then where he realised he could use Jongin's height to his advantage. He stood up and immediately trapped Jongin in a suffocating headlock. 

"Yah, yah, yah! Let me go before I really do something! You can't use my height like this, you know!"

Kyungsoo tightened his arm around Jongin's neck, causing the boy to yell in protest. "Ah   , that hurts! Really, you're not going to cut me some slack?"

Before he could even respond, Kyungsoo felt a tickling sensation around his waist. It felt like someone was trying to inject two chopsticks in both sides of his waist, and he couldn't stop himself from squirming away. It was also no use trying to cover the smile on his face.

Jongin laughed, clenching on his stomach as he stepped backwards, unaware of the broom lying on the floor. "And that is how you professionally escape from someone headlocking you!" 

Kyungsoo's sharp eyes happened

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter