Twenty-Two

Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Replay when you've finished the song! :^)

 

“Tell me. Exactly, who are you?”

Kyungsoo honestly didn’t know what to say. It wasn’t the first time his mouth had acted this way without his permission. He sweared there was something weird about his actions, but he couldn’t control them.

Jongin continued to fix his intense stare on him, the younger boy’s two hands still planted on each side of his head. They were centimetres apart, and it only caused him to be more flabbergasted by the minute. He seriously couldn’t find an answer to his question even if he searched for in the depths of his mind. Really, who was he to Jongin? That was what he wanted to know.

“I-I-I…” Kyungsoo stuttered nervously, forcing himself to press closer against the wall eventhough he knew it was a dead end. He had to find a way to escape this mess. It was now or never. “I-I’m Do Kyungsoo, from class 3-3.”

While Jongin wasn’t looking, he slowly raised his hands in front of him. The younger boy’s gaze seemed to be burning holes right through his face; Kyungsoo sweared he wanted to explode any second because of the embarrassment he was feeling, being cornered by a junior like this.

“You must know something, there must’ve been something between us, right? Do Kyung--” Kyungsoo avoided eyes contact as his hands lingered in front of Jongin’s chest. Almost instantly, he pushed the boy with all his force, causing him to jerk away before tumbling on the ground like an idiot.   

Alright, he’d defintely gotten himself in the danger zone now. Not only had he insulted Jongin in a variety of ways, he’d also deliberately pushed him on the ground without apologising too. Fifty years had just been taken away from his total lifespan; in other words, the junior was certainly going to pummel him until he was a broken plastic bag.

“Look, I really have places to be right now, Kim Jongin.” Kyungsoo managed to give an excuse. Jongin dusted the dirt off his pants, and he was about to get up when Kyungsoo had unhesitantly fled the scene, leaving a dumbfounded him behind.

Great, now he had to avoid Jongin at all costs, since he didn’t want to be questioned.  It didn’t help that the younger boy was in the Cooking Club either. The time he was supposed to spend perfecting his skills was going to be spent avoiding all contact with him.

It wasn’t because Kyungsoo didn’t believe that he and Jongin used to date. He was really convinced that there must’ve been a deeper relationship between them. He wanted to know what, but it was as if his memories didn’t want to come to him.  He couldn’t gain those memories back at all, he’d even tried sitting for one hour trying to force something out of his mind. Maybe they didn’t want to come back to him at all, or maybe they were waiting for the right time to come.

Whatever reason it was, Kyungsoo really wanted to remember.

 

Baekhyun had a come up with a master plan. It was overnight when he was sitting on his desk, staring at the odd equations written on his maths when the idea popped up in his mind. Yes—it was quite a genius plan, if he could say so himself.

He didn’t like seeing both Kyungsoo and Jongin acting as if they were strangers. The atmosphere around all of them became less lively after they switched back; it was stranger not having those two around. Baekhyun believed those two were meant to be from the beginning. He’d seen how the junior would glance at his best friend in the hallways when he thought no one was looking, ever since two years ago. It was obvious he was beginning to show a slight interest to Do Kyungsoo.

Though, of course, this wasn’t going to be a one-man job. No, it was too much for Baekhyun to handle. So, he had three potential recruits in his mind that he believed could help him on his journey to bring those two back their sweet lovey dovey memories of each other.

Candidate number one, who would unevitably agree to join on the plan just because: Park Chanyeol. Number two, the emotionless one who enjoyed casually sauntering around the school, and who may not have looked like it, but showed a strong determination to bring Kyungsoo and Jongin back together: Oh Sehun.  Lastly, the foreign male Baekhyun had suddenly taken a motherly liking to overtime because of his adorable mispronunciation of their language: Huang Zitao. These three had instantly agreed when he asked them, but at the same time, they didn’t understand his plan.

Baekhyun figured it was no use telling them everything when they were in the crowded school building, so he brought them to the back of the building instead. The four them stood close to each other; if a teacher passed by, they would’ve been mistaken trading drugs.

“I didn’t understand your plan Baek hyung—It was way too noisy just now,” Tao whined as he poked his finger in his ear, “my ears were about to explode.”

“I came up with this plan overnight, and I really do think it’ll work.” Baekhyun gestured for them to huddle closer together. “I know how much you guys hate the suffocating atmosphere between Kyungsoo and Jongin.”

“Definitely.” Chanyeol agreed along with the two other juniors. “I heard your plan just now, and if we don’t try it now, then we’ll never know for sure if it’ll work or not.”

“You’re right, Park Chan. I’ll tell you guys about my thoughts.” Baekhyun took a deep breath. “So, we want them to gain their memories, am I right? Whatever we tried to do, it didn’t work. Heck, even telling Kyungsoo the truth wasn’t enough. So, last night I was thinking—why not we make them to the exact same actions they did months ago at the exact same place? It’s like déjà vu, you know what I’m saying? Of course, it may take weeks and this thing may not even work at all, but it’s better than not trying at all.”

“Ooh Baekhyun hyung, it looks like you’re using your brain for once. Impressive." Sehun applauded.

"This kid..." Baekhyun murmured under his breath as he shot the younger boy a glare. "Anyway, first we need a memorable moment between them. Any memories about it?"

"Their first kiss, of course!" Chanyeol bellowed in an excited voice, his eyes widening at the splendid idea he'd suggested. "Does anyone remember where they had it, or how it happened? Surely, Jongin must've told you guys a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter