Fourteen

Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Replay when you've finished the song! :^)

Jongin felt betrayed. 

The reason totally not being because his first boyfriend he was so fond of decided to ditch him. After he had so kindly offered to walk him there, Kyungsoo never even thought of waiting for him! No, he was not angry. It wasn't as if he was expecting for that boy to wait anyway, and he sure wasn't worried about his whereabouts. Where could Kyungsoo possibly have gone at ten at night, all by himself? Pft, he wasn't going to fuss about that. 

...

WHO THE HECK WAS HE KIDDING? If Jongin could send five helicopters to search around Seoul for Kyungsoo, he freaking would. Never in his life had he ever imagined the person who would finally be able to make his hair be able to turn gray was a boy who resembled an elementary school kid. Wait, but right now it would've been Kyungsoo's hair that was going to turn grey. 

It didn't make a difference anyway because Jongin was still stressed as . He didn't know why he was being so overprotective about someone who was older than him. It could've been the fear of switching back, or worrying about Kyungsoo who couldn't protect himself from harmful strangers. Honestly, Jongin should've been worried about himself. Had he forgotten whose small-limbed body he was in?

"What? He's always on his phone but he doesn't even pick up now." Jongin creased his eyebrows together while staring at Kyungsoo's contact icon on his phone. Those big doe eyes were taunting him along with that mocking smile. 

Jongin continued searching nearby around the academy for about half an hour. The place was fairly deserted, since no one was even walking around the place. Sure, there were the occasional drunk workmen and couples on their way back, but none of them were the person he was looking for. Kyungsoo could've probably went home already, but his gut instincts were telling him he was around. 

A few minutes later, the deafening sound of Jongin's dubstep ringtone sliced the silence of the neighbourhood. Frantically, he tapped on the call button, bringing his phone to his ear. "Oh Sehun, if you're going to ask me to come to your house for a video game marathon, then you can forget about it."

"WOW JONGIN. Shut the heck up. I, the almighty Oh Sehun, did not call you just to hear your low voice. We... had a fewww drinks, and we were wondering if you could pick Kyungsoo hyung up. I'm kinda sober, I guess? The least I can do is to take Tao home, so be a nice prick for once and take Kyungsoo home would ya?"

So he was with them? And to top that off, DRINKING? Great. "Fine, I got it. Where are you guys?" Jongin continued scanning his eyes around the place. 

"Nearrrrrr... Hold on, where are we? Tao, where are we?" Jongin could hear Sehun ask over the line, although he had no idea why he'd ask Tao in the first place because the boy would clearly be of no use. He'd seen a drunk Tao before, and it was something nobody would definitely want to experience. The amount of stupidity a wasted Tao had was baffling.

"I know! In Sehunnie's pants? Are we? It's dark... but I see some some bright lights! Ew, why does it feel so rough? I WANT TO GO HOMEEE!" Tao's distant, but screeching voice sounded in the background. In a swift second, Jongin brought his phone far awar from his hear to prevent himself from turning deaf. 

"Shut up! Zitao, you're not helping me in this situation! Oh    WHAT IF WE'RE LOST?" Sehun screamed, panicked. "Jonginnnn, I don't where we are but we're around this area, I think! We're sitting on the steps of a staircase near the playground. I see bright lights flashing in the distance! ALIENS!"

Did they even understand the meaning of being sober?

Normally, Jongin would've ignored the call because he clearly didn't want to deal with two drunken idiots who were his friends. The thought of Tao most likely puking all over him sent chills down his spine. But Kyungsoo was with them, and he really wanted to see him. Surely, they wouldnt've had soju, right? The last time Jongin, Tao and Sehun had secretly bought soju for the heck of it, the incident had ended so horribly, he didn't even want to discuss it. All he would say was that, the next morning his mother woke him up by pulling his ear for half an hour straight without resting. 

Though, it didn't stop him from doing it again. Please, this was Kim Jongin we were talking about here. He never listened after a warning; he'd wait for the real consequence before dealing with it fearlessly. Experiencing something once wasn't enough for him, and stopping only caused him to raise his curiosity. 

"Playground, playground, playground." Jongin chanted as he jogged around the place. This neighbourhood was hella enourmous, plus, it wasn't even one of those rich residences. They were just rows of semi-detached houses, along with rental buildings lined up togther. He took a left turn once running downhill of the neighbourhood, and he was relieved he could spot a big opening coming up ahead, which meant there must've been a playground located over there. 

From a distance he could see three heads poking out from a staircase. They were swaying side to side, and Jongin was sure he could hear music the closer he walked to them. He could see the flashing bright lights Sehun was overreacting about earlier, which turned out to be the bustling city life further away. Jongin crossed his arms and examined the mess in front of him. 

"Well, you guys sure had fun, didn't you?" Jongin crossed his arms, eyeing the beer cans sprawled on the ground next to them. He smacked Sehun across the head, causing the boy to jerk up in surprise before looking up at him. "Aw, you're here!"

Tao tapped on his phone and Girls Generation's 'Party' came to a halt. The boy shot Jongin a sour look. "Eh, it's Kyungsoo! But... aren't you there? Oh... that's Jongin, not Kyungsoo."

"They switched!" Sehun nudged Tao. "Even I'm sober enough to remember that..."

Jongin almost broke in to a smile once he saw Kyungsoo passed out from the beer, leaning on the railings. It was embarrassing to see hims

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter