Sixteen

Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  Replay when you've finished the song! :^)

 

Unfortunately, the last thing Kyungsoo could remember during his 'splendid' day at the beach was passing out. It was again, during that moment, when a familiar feeling he hated so much decided to attack him when he was playing by himself near the shore. The dizziness was still the same as before : unbearable. He collapsed on the ground, slowly fading away from reality. The waves brushed again his legs, as if trying to wake him up, but the dizziness overtook his senses.

He'd just wanted to get away from the noise his friends were causing, and since they hadn't gone for a dip in the sea yet, he figured he could be the first one to test it. Now that he was passed out on the sea, quite a distance away from his friends who were chatting away along with Jongin's, how the heck were they going to see him?  And since they were too occupied to notice he was gone, it was going to take a long time before they would notice. 

I'm going to die here.

There was a gleam of light shining brightly at his vision. That was impossible, Kyungsoo thought, because he was certainly unconscious. Surely, it would be unusual for an unconcious person to gain their senses back in a few minutes. Perhaps, he could've been in a dream where he could control all his actions. No, or it could've been those scenes where a person was on the edge of death, and maybe he was entering heaven. 

It was strange though, since he could hear voices.

"Hey, Jongin! Are you alright? You were passed out on the sand, and we saw Kyungsoo passed out near the sea!" Baekhyun's concerned voice greeted him as his friend hover over his face. Where the hell am I? And who... Jongin? Who is that...Before he could say anything, he felt his eyelids getting heavier. "Jongin! Hey, Kim Jongin!"

Everything out, again.

 

 

"Hey, Do Kyungsoo, wake up already, won't you?" Kyungsoo's own voice pleaded.

Slowly fluttering his eyes open, Kyungsoo squinted his eyes at the bright lights on the ceiling. He blinked confusedly, before he felt a tight grip on his hand interlaced with somebody else's. By his side, he saw his face staring back at him, wide eyes filled with infinite worry. Jongin's mouth fell agape when he saw the older boy open his eyes and he stood up, bending his body nearer to him. 

"Jongin!" He immediately shot up only to accidentally bump his head against the younger boy's. "Ah, crap!" 

Jongin backed away at the sudden collision of their heads. He squeezed his eyes shut in pain while he rubbed the sore spot on his head. "Aish, yeah, it really is you after all! You're so freaking clumsy, Do Kyungsoo. This wasn't what I was expecting."

"What happened?" Kyungsoo questioned, his eyes observing around the place he was in which was Jongin's room. "Weren't we at the beach?"

"Yeah, we were." Jongin frowned, walking to take a seat next to his bedside. "Until... we passed out. You woke up earlier than I thought. Yah, I was really worried because of you! Why did you decide to hangout near the waves by yourself? You're lucky they didn't carry you away, Kyungsoo, or else I'd have to search all over the place until I found you. The guys are downstairs, munching off the food my mom prepared for them."

"Wait, Jongin..." Kyungsoo grabbed the younger boy by the hand, his heart rate zooming up a little because of how comforting it felt for them to touch. But that wasn't important because he had questions to ask. "What do you mean... 'we'? You must've felt it too, right? Since the last time I felt it, you said you did too, and that was when you didn't want to tell me the reason."

"Ah... we..." A look of uneasiness crossed over his face before he sighed. "I guess I should tell you... I'm sorry for being all rude to you before, since you wanted to know about it, but that time I didn't want to tell you. Because if I did, I knew you'd want to find a way to switch back as soon as possible. You didn't feel anything for me then, but I guess I took a small liking towards you. I didn't want to forget you, Kyungsoo." He raised his head up to look at Kyungsoo in the eyes. "That dizziness, is supposed to be what we feel like when we switch bodies. I already figured it out, the first time it happened, but I wasn't sure if it was the right guess."

"So, that's how we feel when we switch, huh?" Kyungsoo bit his lip, his heart twisting in pain because of the thought of how he almost wiped out Jongin from his memory, which was something he wouldnt've wanted to happen in a million years. He stared at Jongin, who was still in his body, still having the memory of him.  Soon, he felt hot tears sting his eyes the more he stared at Jongin. The younger boy was able to trigger so many emotions from him   emotions that Kyungsoo never thought he would feel for anyone.

Like, falling in love. 

"Hey, Do Kyungsoo, why do you look like that?" Jongin nudged him, his face displaying much worry.

Tears started to trickle down Kyungsoo's face and before Jongin could reach his hands to touch him, he'd already thrown his arms around the younger boy's neck. He buried his face in Jongin's shoulder, inhaling the scent of his cologne he'd probably stole from his own locker. "J-Jongin... I-I-I almost forgot you. Earlier, when we passed out, I woke up a few minuters later. A-And I couldn't r-remember anything. I don't want to forget you either, Jongin! I-I'm s-sorry if I'm making you look like some s-sort of crybaby right now, b-but I can't help myself."

Jongin said nothing, but instead smoothened the older boy's back in the same comforting way in which he'd done before. After a minute or so, his voice whispered tenderly. It was a voice Kyungsoo ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter