Twenty-Three

Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Replay when you've finished the song! :^) (omg and who loves day6? BECAUSE I DO!! < 3 : ' D) surprise surprise did you guys expect a chapter this fast huehue-

 

Kyungsoo looked up, and upon setting his eyes on this familiar face, his heart rate immediately skyrocketed in a few seconds. Every heartbeat that was sounding in his chest seemed to get louder by the second as their eyes were glued on each other. The sound of his thumping heart was the only thing he could hear amongst the peaceful silence which surrounded the two of them. 

The boy with the lank, attractive-looking dark chocolate hair which was covering the middle of his forehead, couldn't keep his eyes off of him. Jongin's thumbs were still lingering on Kyungsoo's eyelids, gently rubbing them back and forth as an attempt to get rid of the tears. The younger boy's dark brown orbs were widened in worry while he examined Kyungsoo's face. His lips were almost pouting in dissatisfaction when his eyes landed on the bruise on his cheek   it was evident that he seemed somewhat worried about Kyungsoo.

During this moment, Kyungsoo noticed so many things he was afraid to tell the younger boy straight in the face. He noticed how perfectly well it fitted when his face was being cupped by Jongin's large palms. He noticed how he didn't flinch from the boy's touch, as if it was natural for this sort of skinship to be performed between them. Most importantly, he noticed how Jongin was able to make him feel so muddled with his thoughts. 

Just then, Kyungsoo snapped out of his daze. His eyes averted to Jongin's pinkish lips which opened ever so slowly to say something. 

"What are you doing here crying by yourself, Do Kyungsoo?"

"I-It's nothing you should worry about, Kim Jongin." Kyungsoo stood up, and Jongin did the same shortly after. "I don't even know what I did wrong... Maybe Jo Minguk has something against me, or he could be in a really bad mood today. Should I go pay for his new shirt? I really can't figure this out! I think I should pay for it, I was the one in the wrong anyway."

Kyungsoo was just about to be on his way, totally ignoring Jongin's presence, when the younger boy grabbed him by the shoulder. Jongin swiftly turned him around before placing both of his hands tightly on either side of Kyungsoo's shoulders. His lips were pressed in a firm line, and his eyebrows were creased together as he shook his head.

"Don't do it."

"What are you talking about? Kim Jongin  "

Jongin pressed a finger against his lips, leaving Kyungsoo speechless for a moment until he pushed it away. 

"I said," Jongin sighed as he ruffled his head, "don't do it. Why should you buy a new dress shirt for him? He punched you just because of a mere accident, just ignore him! You know what? Just don't even lay a step near that guy, he's a pain in the , and you should stay away from him."

"What do you mean   I'm sure it was just a misunder  "

However, Jongin was having none of this gibberish. Abruptly, his hands flew up to squeeze the living daylights out of Kyungsoo's face. Just what in the world was this boy trying to do? 

"Just stay awaaaaaaay from Jo. Min. Guk. Do you get me, or no?" Jongin puffed his chest up as he drawed his face nearer to Kyungsoo's squished one. He still wasn't showing any means of releasing him. He probably wasn't going to until Kyungsoo went with his words, so he nodded helplessly. But Kim Jongin, surprisingly, was still not letting go. Did he have to say it to his face too?

"Yeah, yeah, I understand, sir. Now, would you please release me?" 

Finally, Jongin did as he was asked. There was one thing that was bothered Kyungsoo quite a bit though   it was how Jongin was suddenly concerned over him without any particular reason. They were practically strangers who didn't say 'hi' to each other in the hallways. The only places they could see each other was during the Cooking Club and after school. That was, if they had any reason to find each other after school, which brought Kyungsoo back to unpleasant memories of an inquiring Jongin. 

Well, thank god it looked like the younger boy had forgotten about that day. 

"But, I just have one question..."

Jongin's attention averted to him, and he gestured his head nonchalantly. "What is it?"

"... I don't mean to be rude, really, but why are suddenly caring about me?" Or is it you reacting out of habit? If that's true... then us switching bodies and falling in love. Kyungsoo's wide eyes were glued at the taller boy who seemed to be slightly taken aback by the question.

Jongin kept his mouth zipped. The boy stared at the ground, and then at Kyungsoo. He heaved a sigh with a shrug of his shoulders. 

"I don't know. It just feels like, we've known each other for a long time."

 

On the same day, Jongin was hanging out with Sehun and Tao. They were walking to wherever their legs decided to lead them to. Jongin had his hands stuffed in his pockets as he thought long and hard about this one senior boy : Do Kyungsoo. When he'd found the older boy curled up behind the school building, his heart softened. He'd insisted to bring him to the nurse, but the older boy had told him he could go by h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter