Eight

Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Boy Who Cried Wolf was situated near a quaint neighbourhood, not too far away from the school. As Jongin walked together with Kyungsoo's two abnormal friends, he couldn't help but focus on their conversation. With his hands stuffed comfortably in his pockets, he listened to the two argue about the smallest things. From who was supposed to wait for who yesterday to if a tomato was a fruit or vegetable, Chanyeol and Baekhyun quarreled about it all.

"A tomato is not a fruit, it is a vegetable, Park Chanyeol!" Baekhyun shouted on Jongin's left, causing the younger boy to jerk back in surprise. The both of them were too immersed in it to notice he was in the middle of the havoc.

"It is a vegetable! You know why? Because it's disgusting, like you!" Chanyeol shot back twice as loud.

"What did you just say?! Fine, then the next time we get fries, you aren't putting any ketchup on them! They're made out of tomatoes, in case you never knew!"

"S-So what? I never even said I liked ketchup anyway!"

Jongin turned right to look at Chanyeol, and then left to look at Baekhyun. Now that he thought about it, he'd never fought with anyone like how those two did. Tao and Sehun never fought with him before, they just seemed to do it amongst the two of them. It was probably because the two pictured him as some type of leader, and they were afraid if they were to argue with him, then they'd never be forgiven. They were like brothers, that was what they'd always told each other, so he didn't understand why sometimes those two were so cautious around him.

To be honest, every friend Jongin tried to make always seemed to tiptoe around his shadow. They didn't want to provoke him, because everyone knew he was a gangster boy in their school. Sure, he'd gotten in a few fights and got sent to the principal's office a bit more frequently than some other students, but that didn't mean people were supposed to look at him as if he'd commited illegal crimes all his life. To sum it up : they were all... scared of him.

The only person who never bothered about him was Do Kyungsoo. Jongin had seen him before when they brushed past each other in the corridors, their shoulders inches away from touching. It was way before they'd known each other. He would gladly admit, he spared a glance for that timid senior boy. The reason being because he was the only one who never noticed how close he was to him as he was too concentrated on his textbook. He remembered how suddenly all eyes were on Kyungsoo, since all the students were metres away from Jongin.

He smirked. Dense.

"Jongin!"

Snapping out of his daze, Jongin blinked confusedly. "What?"

"Tell Baekhyun. A tomato is a vegetable, and not a freaking fruit!" Chanyeol pointed an accusing finger at the shorter boy.

"Tell Chanyeol to go on Google and search it up, so we can stop fighting about unimportant things like this!" Baekhyun raked his hand through his hair.

"Oh, look." Jongin completely disregarded their complaints. He stopped when he saw the bright green neon lights of the cafe flashing in front of them. "We're here. This is it, isn't it?"

Chanyeol's face brightened. "It is this place! Damn, it's been like months since we've been here. I wonder how Minseok and Luhan hyung are doing, managing a booming place like this."

"Knowing them, they're probably doing a pretty good job." Baekhyun climbed the wooden steps lined with minute flower pots, leading to the entrance of the cafe. The boy traced his fingers over the newly painted railings on the patio. "Looks like they've done some refurbishing too. The last time I checked, Luhan hyung said there was no way he was going to repaint the place."

"Let's go in!" Chanyeol gripped on shining metal handles of the glass doors before turning around to be met with an awkward standing Jongin. "Hey, Jongin, what are you doing standing there? Come on!"

Jongin eyed the building up and down, wondering who Minseok and Luhan were. He didn't really favour coming here in the first place, but it felt like the cafe was beckoning him to enter. There were so many stories he hadn't heard yet to be told. Sighing, Jongin followed behind Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

The cafe's interior was beyond attractive at first look. There were various shelves placed here and there, lined with books and vintage action figures. Fairy lights hung on the walls, sparkling in the bright lights. They didn't seem to be consistent about the furniture, because different chairs were placed with the same tables. The cafe's metal counter was decorated with various character stickers and behind it was a display of different coffee mugs and fine oak wood cupboards.

The melodic sound of the bells echoed throughout the empty cafe since outside was a piece of paper that wrote 'Lunch Break'. At this, a voice hollered from behind the counter. "We're closed at the mo -"

"Minseok hyung!"

"Chanyeol? Baekhyun, Kyungsoo?" The boy named Minseok emerged from the staff door, holding a cup of ice blended coffee. He had milky white skin and cat-like eyes that gave off a sense of sharpness to people. His dark brown hair was attractively disheveled in all directions as his slim figure walked over to the three of them, still dressed in his black work apron and collared white dress shirt.

"It's been so long since you guys've come here! Why didn't any of you drop by here, huh? It's not even far from your school." Minseok chided before gathering the three of them for a brotherly hug. Jongin felt himself being crushed in between their bodies since he was somehow caught in the middle of it. He broke it off by pushing Chanyeol's abnormally large chest away.

"We've been kinda busy." Baekhyun scratched the back his neck with embarrassment. 

"Oh, really? The last time I heard from one of the students in your school, your exams were over a long time ago. So, can I ask what kind of busy?" Minseok eyed the three of them, especially focusing his eyes on Jongin. He knew something.

Baekhyun laughed awkwardly. "Ha.. About that, we'll tell you when Luhan hyung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter