One

Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Move out of the way, would you? Excuse me, make way!"

Kyungsoo squeezed past the crowd of students huddled together in front of one measly board. He wiped his forehead when he finally managed to get in to the front. His eyes were immediately glued on the board, scanning through the names in their designated clubs. Some students complained, and some students cheered when they found out which club they were going to be in. It made him wonder which one of the two groups he would fall in.

Cooking Club come on... Where the hell could my name be?

"My name's not in the Cooking Club..." Kyungsoo stuck his face really close to the piece of paper which had the names of who'd gotten in the Cooking Club listed. He went over it thrice, but he couldn't find his name there. Maybe it was written in invisible pen? No - or maybe they'd forgotten to place him in? Highly unlikely, of course.

"Face it, my friend. You're in the Science and Mysteries Club." He looked over his shoulder to see Baekhyun shaking his head with dismay, although it was clear the boy was trying to stop himself from laughing.

"Nice try, but you're not pulling my leg, you piece of ." He shook his head at his friend before looking back at the list. His eyes found their way to the Science and Mysteries Club section to check if Baekhyun's words were really true. He wasn't going to believe him because Baekhyun's favourite hobby was lying and making a fool out of himself if it wasn't singing.

Since he was absolutely sure he wasn't going to be placed in that excuse of a club, Kyungsoo smirked as he looked at the list for the club.

Ahn Sangjin |3-1|

Bang Seomin |2-2|

Bae Jooah |1-4|

Do Kyungsoo |3-3|

Han Insang |3-1|

"What?! Who the hell decided this?! I'm not meant for this club!" Kyungsoo ruffled his hair with annoyance. He couldn't believe his name was actually there. 

"Don't worry, my friend." Baekhyun slung an arm around his shoulder. "Look on the bright side. It's only on Wednesdays, unless your stupid club decides to have after school meetings or something, but whatever. And it's only for a term, which is about a few months. Just bear with it."

"Say, Baek, let's switch, huh? I bet I'll do better at composing, didn't you say you were interested about the afterlife before? Come on, it's just for a term." Kyungsoo turned to look at his friend who was smiling away, being the annoying optimistic person he was like his boyfriend Chanyeol.

"Well, I would switch..." Baekhyun rubbed his chin. "If Chanyeol wasn't in Composing Club, then I would. But he is, and so am I, so no."

"Cold bastard." Kyungsoo shoved Baekhyun's hand away and stormed off.

Today was Wednesday, and he dreaded the time when everyone had to go for their clubs.

 

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun walked Kyungsoo to his club classroon. He had no idea why, but he suspected it was because they wanted to rub it in his face that they'd gotten their ideal clubs and he hadn't. Life was being unfair to him this school year.

"Stop staring at me like a bunch of retards and get going!" Kyungsoo frowned at Baekhyun and Chanyeol who had wide smiles on their faces. They honestly looked like excited parents sending their child off to his first day of school. He had embarrassing friends - Yeah, he knew a bit too well.

"Well, see ya later then! Have fun with the nerds!" Baekhyun snickered.

"Don't worry, it's just for an hour. Hopefully, you won't headlock anyone there fifteen minutes into the lesson." Chanyeol remarked amusedly before he and Baekhyun waved their goodbyes to Kyungsoo and skipped down the hallway to the music room.

For once, Kyungsoo really wished he could be their third wheel and have the privilege to follow them to their club.

He didn't know why, but he didn't like things related to mysteries. The afterlife, aliens, the paranormal and whatever those sci-fi geeks seemed to believe in, he found all of them to be a bunch of balooney. A pile of lies stack on top of each other for gullible people to believe in them, that was what he thought of these 'unexplainable' events.

When he entered the classroom, he took a seat way at the back in the middle row. He really wasn't interested in watching documentaries or listening to the teacher talking. The class was almost full, except for a vacant seat next to his. It was probably because he would shoot everyone glares if they were going to be enthusiastic about aliens and ghosts in front of him. 

Aside from that, he couldn't believe this club was so popular. Did people really enjoy things like this? 

"Bang Seomin?" The teacher called out.

"Here!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter