Chapter 45

Falling For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Falling For You

Chapter 45

 

“She has done it again.” Rian sighed and after that she hid her face behind Shi Woo who was sitting next to her. All the horrible memories, the sad emotions and her scars appeared in her mind. She couldn’t help but worry at this very moment. Shi Woo squeezed her hand and waited until she calmed down. He was just as much worried as her because Rian couldn’t hide how much she hated the situation her mother had caused.

To explain the situation briefly – Rian and Shi Woo woke up with a call from Lee Hyun Wook. Without giving any explanations, he told Rian to get in her van, as her manager was already waiting in front of the building, and Shi Woo to go to the company’s building. They had no time for questions and left the apartment in a few minutes.

Rian's mother had reported Lee Hyun Wook to the police, claiming he was keeping Rian away from her and not allowing her to meet her. She had stated that she hadn’t seen Rian for over than two months and she had no contact with her. To get the proper attention she also added that she had no information regarding that, which was false.

Both Rian and Lee Hyun Wook explained the situation, without letting out anything – starting from Rian’s mental health since her debut and her relationship with her mother for all the years. After an hour everything was over, solved quickly, but it had left a bad aftertaste.

It would have been great if everything had stopped at that. By the time Lee Hyun Wook and Rian reached the company, the media was already blowing up with news regarding Rian’s mother’s report regarding Lee Hyun Wook.

“She has always had her connections.” Rian said once she saw all the articles and how fast they had spread. It was a ridiculous situation and it took a while for Rian to actually realize what was happening. Then everything rushed to her and she wanted to lock herself somewhere and stay there for a long while. The articles were worse than the report she made to the police. She had no boundaries.

“Okay, Rian. I know it’s hard for you now, but try to calm down. Everything is fine since we went to the police station. In a few hours, an official statement will be posted online and everything will be over. No one will remember it once tomorrow someone spills another one’s secrets on a show.” Lee Hyun Wook said calmly. Indeed, he had now gotten over the situation because he was confident it wouldn’t make a difference for Rian or the company.

Rian wasn’t thinking of the people. It was her mother and her acts that she was thinking about. All those thoughts were driving her crazy. All those years she tried to understand her mother, her thoughts and her intentions – it was a failure. Yet again, she tried to think from her point of view, but no matter how much she tried, it never made sense. She was hurt. Her mother managed to hurt her yet again. Maybe she was too happy the past days and maybe the past weeks were too good, so now she got her punishment – for being too happy.

“I'm sorry. Just…” Rian spoke finally, yet she couldn’t find the words to continue. “I don’t know what to say.” She added after a while and showed a small smile. Her eyes had lost their shine and that smile was simply a habit – pretending to be fine.

“Everything is fine. It’s nothing that can't be fixed.” Shi Woo whispered to her, still holding her hand tightly, assuring her he is there for her with his gentleness.

Rian wanted to believe it. She really wanted to wake up tomorrow and go to the rehearsal of the music show, do her best, smile at everybody, greet her fans and no think about how her own mother media played her in such a manner – again! If only she could erase today that’s when she would be satisfied.

“Think of it as handled, Rian. I want you to focus on your last week of promotions and wrap it up perfectly.” Lee Hyun Wook spoke while looking at her and she just nodded her head, almost mechanically, and didn’t say anything. “After that you have a few recordings for shows and once they are done we shall discuss further plans.”

Rian wasn’t paying attention; she heard it all but didn’t think it over. “Can I also post something regarding this?” she asked suddenly. Shi Woo looked at her; he was extremely worried over her, since he hadn’t seen her like that before – it almost scared him.

“Of course, I trust you will express yourself in the right way.” He responded quickly. “Now, get a rest. Tomorrow will be a busy day, Rian-ah.” He added while Shi Woo and Rian walked out of the room. “Poor girl, even at this age, can't get a rest because of her own mother.” He sighed and began working on the issue.

 

--/---

 

People talk. There isn’t anything more normal and natural than that, right? However, Rian despises ‘some’ talks so much it pains her. When people talk without having essential knowledge on a certain topic – Rian can't stand it. When people discuss someone upon a few lines they have read or because they have seen a situation, they don’t understand – it gives Rian a headache.

Ever since young Rian has been named as a spoiled brat, as ungrateful, as disrespectful, manner less and countless more ways. She spoke the truth and behaved in a way that reflects the behavior she receives from the person in front of her. That’s the reason she had been called out too many times, but she never changed. Nevertheless, she got hurt, because even her closest friends or family members couldn’t understand her behavior. She simply drifted away from them, searching for better people who would understand her or at least not judge her for the way she was.

The entertainment world was full of people who talked and made it obvious. For the many years as an idol, Rian saw everything and everyone. She saw how with one mistake people became the talking topic and were forced to become outcasts.

When she was promoting as a member of HershE she received a lot of glares. Idols didn’t pretend to like other idols when they were backstage. It was a given to greet senior idols and along with her members she always did her best to give greeting and give albums or another gesture. Some groups accepted it with smiles and were pleased with the respectful act; Rian never had thoughts of looking down on other idols, because she knew how hard it was to be an idol, how many sacrifices she had made. However, some groups threw their albums to the trash bin right in front of their eyes and laugh at them. Some idols treated them worse than the most malicious anti-fan.

Rian could never forget those faces. The same faces that used to threw her albums to the bin now were taking pictures and posting on their SNS profiles, making articles out of it. The backstage world was just as messed up and cruel as the real world. Fake people scared Rian more than anything did.

Quite often, she was the topic, but she never became an outcast. Putting on a confident act, answering to the glares with smiles, pretending not to hear that people gossiped about her, she worked hard. She used to think of herself as fake as well, but slowly believed it was simply a façade, a mask, she put on. She didn’t pretend to like someone on TV and curse him or her behind the scenes. She did it to protect herself, because some people were cruel and she couldn’t pretend not to see it in another way.

Today, yet again, people talked about her. Idols and staff, who didn’t know more about her, gossiped freely regarding the recent news. Writing stories and scenarios why everything happened. The most popular one was that Rian refused to look after her mother and send her money. It was quite funny, Rian thought, as her mother indeed loved money, but she also received more than enough.

However, she didn’t allow it to get under her skin. She had to admit, the first few days she went on music shows, recordings, were tough, she heard everything, and it hurt her. On the third day and article arose, her fans had been posting a lot of information about how her mother continuously demanded more of Rian and got her in weird businesses. Rian felt relieved. She didn’t want to point all those things by herself, but she was gla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter