Chapter 21

Falling For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Falling For You

Chapter 21

 

“Happy birthday Rian.”

 Many people from the company congratulated her as she was walking in the halls. She smiled at them and thanked them genuinely.

She was still a little bit sleepy, since she only got like 5 hours of sleep – which wasn’t enough to her. But she couldn’t be happier. After Shi Woo’s surprise she was all smiley – radiating sunshine as she walked.

“Good morning. Looks like you're enjoying it a lot.” Jae stopped her and smiled at her.

“Oh, Jae. Good morning, didn’t see you for a while.” Rian returned a smile at him. His words were true and obviously she couldn’t hide her perfect mood.

“For a moment I thought you were avoiding me, but now that you smile that way, I can't help but forgive you. Your charms are irresistible.” Jae chuckled and glanced at Rian who started blushing. “How come you have your make up done nicely – your eyeliner is pretty tick. Do you have some filming or..?” he questioned.

“Is my make up that obvious? I mean, that it's done differently than usual?” Rian bit her lip and questioned.

“Probably not. I'm just used to seeing your bare face, that’s probably why. You didn’t answer me though?” he raised an eyebrow at her. She looked somewhat excited and he wasn’t used to such a behavior from her.

“Ah, that… it's my birthday today.” She casually said and scratched her neck lightly. She realized how much attention has Jae been paying to her. He noticed many things about her.

“Really? Oh, then happy birthday. Sorry I'm very oblivious to such things.” He chuckled awkwardly at her and then suddenly reached to grab her hand. “I will treat you a smoothie on the cafeteria. You probably work hard and diet?”

Rian laughed. “if that will comfort your wallet – yes, I'm dieting.” She lightly brushed her hair to the back. “Let's go then. I like smoothies.” She said and made a few steps.

Jae smiled and walked to her side. “Good thing you're easy going. You don’t feel odd.”

“Odd? How come?” Rian looked at him with a confused expression.

“You don’t make people feel uncomfortable or out of place.” He explained to her.

“You could have chosen a better word. For a moment I felt bad about myself and that can't happen. You should know I worked really hard to build that confidence.” Rian laughed as she spoke. Jae was one of few who could understand her messy talking.

“Okay, I get it. From now on I will work on boosting that confidence.” Jae laughed at her.

“Nah. I'm an independent woman who doesn’t need a man to make her feel good about herself.” Rian smirked.

“As if I'm not aware of your status as a single lady.”

Rian gasped. “You never know.” She said and laughed. However Jae was looking at her with a shocked and serious expression. “Yah, don’t look at me like that. People will think there is someone. I'm telling you there’s no one at the moment.”

Jae nodded. “Why are you explaining yourself to me?” he asked after getting their smoothies.

“Does it bother you? You don’t like it?” Rian questioned. If she's bothering him… If she's trusting him and he doesn’t return the trust … That’s what she hates the most.

Jae immediately shook his head. “I mean, you don’t need to explain yourself. I'm not someone who will judge you or go spread rumors about you. Of course you don’t bother me, actually I'm really thankful that you spent time with me.”

Rian lightly blushed and smiled at him. “Then everything’s fine. You don’t need to be thankful to me that I'm spending time with you. For all I know friends to talk to each other like that – and we are friends.”

“Good to know that. I'm lucky, being friends with such a pe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter