Chapter 40

Falling For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Falling For You

Chapter 40

 

“So you are not on talking terms either? I see her all day walking in those high heels, making everyone in the company turn and look at her only. She doesn’t look heartbroken.”

For the past two weeks, everyone has been saying similar words, hurting Shi Woo more and more. He did best to give Rian some space and time to calm down, but two weeks passed and he really couldn’t give her any more time.

Although they didn’t talk at all he knew what was happening around her. He knew she was considering a few dramas and was recording songs at the same time too. However, she basically lost all contact with Super Idol members as well leaving no room to get information from them either.

No matter what he did, all he thought of was Rian. But he didn’t even dare to take a look at her. If he saw her walking in the halls, he would hide in a random room. If he knew she had work in the company he wouldn’t even go there. He was giving her space he thought.

But the more dressed up Rian was the more lonely she felt. She couldn’t help but expect some move from Shi Woo. She knew she was so selfish to have such desires, especially since she was the one who pushed him away once again.

She knew Shi Woo was avoiding her all he could and she made herself understand his actions. It was all her own fault that Shi Woo was acting like that. In order to stop thinking about him, she worked almost 24/7. Reading drama scripts, writing and recording songs and her usual schedule prepared from the company. She was so busy as if she was promoting currently.

Her phone was broken, she believed. She didn’t receive calls or messages from the people she missed. She was drowning in self-pity, but she wasn’t going to admit it to other people than herself.

Her pride was the only thing left.

“I'm done with giving you time. Rian, I'm coming in.”

That’s what she desperately wanted to hear. She wanted to hear him talking gently to her because there wasn’t anyone who treated her better. She wanted to fall deeper for him as he looked at her as if she meant the world to him.

“Are you awake. Open your eyes.”

But those words didn’t make to Rian. Those weren’t the words she was longing for. Wasn’t this supposed to be a dream? She slowly opened her eyes and blinked a few times.

“Where am I?” Rian mumbled as she frowned because of the disturbing light. Once she got used to it she saw Shi Woo in front of her.

“You're in a hospital room. Apparently, you fainted in the practice room and they called an ambulance immediately.” Shi Woo said. He sat on a chair next to the bed and grabbed her hands, holding them tightly.

Seeing how Shi Woo looked as if he would cry, Rian softened. She couldn’t glare or show a poker face. She smiled lightly at him. “I'm sorry.”

Shi Woo shook his head. “I shouldn’t have given you so much time for yourself. But I was afraid of you pushing me even more. I'm sorry.”

“I was too selfish and greedy. I'm not easy to deal with and I know it.”

“Just tell me your feelings towards me haven’t change. Rian, please. I really don’t want to hear anything else.”

“I love you, Shi Woo. I really do, but I'm not completely ready to be healed.” Rian slowly moved her hands from Shi Woo’s. She didn’t even dare look at him in case he is tired of her attitude.

“I'm ready to wait, but only if you promise me to spend your life together with me. Marry me Rian.”

Rian chuckled. “Are you proposing as I'm in a hospital bed, looking worse than ever.” She asked while smiling widely.

Shi Woo laughed as he also realized how ridiculous the situation would look. “Yeah, but I can always do it properly after I'm fully prepared.” He smirked.

“Are you sure you won't regret that?” she asked and he shook his head. “Then when that time comes, make sure to tell me so I'm fully prepared as well.”

 

--/---

 

Rian’s POV

 

“Do you want to go official?” Lee Hyun Wook-ssi asked. I hate that question. I hate that I can't answer it and I know I won't be able to answer it no matter how much time I have or how long I think about it.

“Yes.”

Yet Shi Woo answers it without even thinking. I don’t understand him. How can he be so sure or may I say fearless? What if his fans turn their backs on him? What if people don’t look at him as the prince charming again?

“What about you Rian? Is your answer also a yes?”

Don’t look at me like tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter