Eight

My SM Journey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yonghwa told me to go on first without him because he wanted to wait for the public to exit before him. I nodded and thanked him for his interesting stories and advices as a senior before collecting my hand carry and exited the plane. Damn, I should have taken a picture with him. I sighed disappointedly as I waited for my luggage at the belt.

As I head towards the arrival gate, my heart began to jump really fast, so fast that I thought I was about to have a heart attack in the middle of the airport. Don't panic, I told myself, look for Manager Kim. I pushed my trolley of luggage out of the arrival gate as I searched around nervously for any placard with my name on it. Lee Yoona, nope. China Eastern Tour, nope. JW Marriot, nope. I read through a few more placard, nope, nope, nope. Did they forget that I am arriving today? I began to panic.

"Miss Lee! Over here!" Someone from the far end shouted and ran towards me. It was none other than my audition judge, Adrian Kim.

"Manager Kim... It's you?" I pointed at him.

"Yes, yes. That is right. I have been assigned to you. Please be comfortable and call me oppa, anytime."

"Oh, that is awesome! Oppa, please stop calling me 'Miss Lee'. I have a name too. You can just call me Liz. This is for you." I handed over the boxes of souvenir to him.

"Thank you, Liz. Is this all you have? Shall we head to the car park? Oh you might want to get rid of that jacket. It is really warm in May here."

"Right." I stripped off my jacket immediately and threw it on top of my luggage. He gawked at me with his mouth slightly opened in shock.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing. You are the most unlady-like trainee I have ever met. But don't worry, we will train to behave like a celebrity."

"Oh, no." I muttered under my breath.

"Did you say something?"

"Nope, oppa, I did not." I smiled brightly at my new manager.

"Let's go then! Are you ready?"

"Ever ready." I replied as we loaded my luggages into his black 9-seater van.

The sky was almost dark when we left the Incheon Airport. It was about an hour ride to the capital of South Korea.

"We will head to your dormitory first, then I will bring you out for dinner and talk about your schedule for the next two months. You are hungry already, aren't you?"

I nodded as I unwound the window to breathe in the Korean air.

I don't remember how I fell asleep on the car ride into Seoul but somehow I have managed to. Maybe it was a sense of familiarity that my new manager has, that made me feel somewhat safe and secured.

"We are here!" He annouced shortly after. "Wake up, it's time to move. You will be staying with two other trainees of your age. They just arrived not too long ago as well. One is a Korean-American and the other one is Chinese."

"So, I am not the oldest trainees?"

"Of course not, we have trainees who are almost 30 years old. They joined late, but the company already made plans for them. Every single trainee is accepted by the company with a plan in mind. You are no exception."

"Really? What's the company's plan for me?"

"That is confidential. We will announce once it is official." He smirked, knowing that I would ask this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter