Forty One

My SM Journey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Which is the most popular dish in your restaurant?" Chanyeol asked the waiter in his almost Korean-accent free English. Before our arrival in Maldives, Chanyeol had already pre-reserved a table for dinner at one of the most beautiful restaurant in the world, the Ithaa Undersea Restaurant, for my birthday celebration. The restaurant was located at least five metres below the sea surface, surrounded by a huge 180 degree glass window. Although I wasn't a fan of the underwater world - heck, I don't even go to the aquarium - I was still awed by the design of the restaurant.

"Sir, we have a seven-course dinner for tonight. Would you like to have that instead?" The waiter asked.

"Hmm, that would be good too. Then, please give us the dinner course for two. Thank you." Chanyeol smiled at the waiter.

"Any wine to go with that, sir?" The waiter asked.

"How about a bottle of 2006 Sebeka?" Chanyeol suggested. I never knew that he would know what kind of wine to drink because in Korea, the only few alcoholic drinks that I have tried were Soju, Rice wine and Beer.

"Sure. Please wait a moment and enjoy the underwater world while we prepare your food." The waiter said before collecting the menus on our table and left.

"Oppa, how did you know about the wine?" I questioned him expectantly once the waiter had left.

He pulled out his phone from under the table and flashed his screen to me. "Google told me." He smirked and winked at me. I must have forgotten to mention how good Chanyeol looked today. He wore a simple white button down shirt with black tapered pants and brown leather shoes. Formal wear was the dress code for this high-end underwater restaurant. I have been a serious obsession for guys who look smart and neat in formal wear, just like how Chanyeol looked like today. Classy.

"So did Google brought you here too?" I asked without taking my eyes off him.

"Of course. Google has been my best friend since I moved into the States." He joked. "I can't live without it."

"And here I am, thinking that you only know who Naver is and soju is your only best alcoholic friend."

"Good evening sir and madam, serving you right now is our appetiser, Aperitif. It is a malossol imperial caviar with sour cream potato blinis. Enjoy." The chef had came out of the kitchen to personally serve the first dish of today's dinner. "And, happy birthday madam." He smiled before walking away.

"Wow. This looks good!" I exclaimed as I admire the piece of art in front of me.

"I love caviar!" Chanyeol said gleefully as he dugged in happily.

Anyone could tell that it was an expensive fine dining dish by the size of its portion. Being the unclassy side of me, I finished the entire appetiser in one mouth.

"Oppa, I am hungry..." I pouted as I stared at the empty plate.

"Me too..." He sighed. "Tomorrow, let's go for a seafood buffet instead." We both agreed that we aren't the fine dining kind of people.

"Okay! I like it!"

"Anyway, I told my mother about you." He confessed as we waited patiently for our next dish.

"Really? What did mama Park say?" Mama Park was what she had told me to address her when I was 5 years old. I could still remember that.

"She was delighted to hear that you are back in Korea! She told me that she saw the new SM rookie girl group on television a few days after your debut and she said you looked familiar." He said. "And I think she might have told your mother about us."

"Wait, you mean our mothers kept in touch with each other all these years?" I exclaimed. "And they never bothered to tell us?!?"

"Well, your mother did tell my mother about how you were doing and all. But I don't think they talked about your audition with SM or me being an EXO member in SM." He replied calmly.

"My mother never told me anything about it." I sighed. "Nothing."

Exactly how much secrets have my mum been keeping from me?

"Sir and madam, this is our house finest red wine. May I?" The waiter returned as he gestured his hand to our wine glasses.

"Yes, please." I answered.

"Madam, please take a deep breath and smell it before you taste it." He said and left.

"Did you smell anything?" Chanyeol asked as he swirled the red wine in his glass.

"Smells like red wine to me." I joked before taking a small sip. I shivered slightly as the bitter alcoholic taste hit the back of my throat. Despite of the slight bitterness, the wine taste rich, strong and pleasant.

Our next dish came right after, its name was Amuse Bouche, crispy mascarpone cheese and truffle dumpling with edamane beans, alfafa sprouts and espelette chilli. We ate it immediately. Truffle was an acquired taste and I loved it.

"My mother would like to have a dinner with you." He said suddenly, nearly causing me to spit out the food in my mouth as I gapped at him in shock.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter