Forty Six - Last

My SM Journey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Year 2026...

"Yoora-ah! Quick! Come help me with these white roses decorations!" Mama Park called out for Yoora, who was standing at the entrance of a church in Florida, watching the entire process of the wedding preparations. The church was located within the Disney's Grand Floridian Resort, near the place where her brother, Chanyeol and his soon bride-to-be, Chaeyeon had their first date together 10 years ago. 

I still can't believe that my brother is finally getting married. That naughty kid is getting married. She thought as she looked at her celebrity husband, Kyuhyun and her 5-year-old daughter, Jiae, who were helping in the reception area.

"Yes omma! I am coming!" She shouted before jogging over to join her mother at the front of the church. They began arranging the white roses, that symbolised true love, along the edge of the small stage specially set up for the ceremony.

Yoora looked at her mother, whoes age had been catching up with her as reflected in her multiple strands of white hair on her head and the wrinkles on her face. She started to tear a little when the childhood memories of her and her younger brother came flooding back into her mind. 30 years had flew by in a blink of an eye before she could realise it. She could hardly focused on the roses in her hands. She was distracted until an uncut thorn on one of the roses pricked her hand. 

"Ouch!" She screamed as she let go of the roses that she was holding, biting back tears from the sudden pain. 

Her husband rushed to her side immediately when he heard her screamed.

"Honey, what happened?" He asked, his face filled with concern. Even after 6 years of marriage, nothing had changed. They were still very much in love.

"It's nothing. Oppa, I am fine." She forced a smile as she looked at her angelic husband, who was three years older than her.

Her daughter held on to the edge of her skirt. She was crying. 

"Aw, my baby. Why are you crying?" Yoora asked as she bent down to scoop up her daughter in her arms.

"'Cause... Mummy is in pain." Jiae cried. Both Kyuhyun and Yoora had been consistently surprised by their daughter's improvement in her language. 

"Aw... Don't worry, mummy is not in pain anymore. Baby, don't cry!" She tried to comfort her little girl as she planted a kiss on her forehead.

A click of the shutter caught all three of their attention. They turned towards the wedding photographer, Donghae. "Your brother would be proud of you. Kyuhyun-ah, hyung is glad to see that you have a happy family now." He smiled as his partner, Eunhyuk joined him in the church.

"Ya, Donghae-ah. Have you seen Chaeyeon yet? She looks beautiful." Eunhyuk said as he admired the wedding decoration. "Let's have a wedding ceremony as manificent as this!" 

"Are you seriously proposing to me right now? How unromantic." Donghae whined as he glared at his best friend, whom he had known for almost 20 years now.

Eunhyuk ignored his boyfriend's complaints. "Ya, Jiae-ah. Come to me. Samchon shall bring you out to eat nice ice cream with the disney princesses." He winked at his niece. 

"Yay! I want to eat pretty princesses ice cream!" Jiae clapped happily as Eunhyuk carried her in his arms. 

-

Back in the dressing room, the bridesmaids and the groomsmen have gathered together. There were a total of 9 bridesmaids and 9 groomsmen in total. The bridesmaids were Jieun, Ziying, Stephanie, Taeyeon, Seohyun, Seulgi, Bomi, Amber and Chaeyeon's childhood best friend, Sella. On the other hand, the grooms were all of the EXO members, Junmyeon, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, Jongin, Sehun, Minseok, Yixing, Jongdae and Zitao. 

"I can't believe Chanyeol is the first EXO member to be married." Chanyeol's bestest friend, Baekhyun said as they stood in a circle, catching up with one another. While most of the other third generation's idol groups had already disbanded like Lady'S and Red Velvet, EXO's bonds remained strong and they were still as popular as ever, even in their early thirties.

"Yeah." Jongin agreed. "I thought you and Taeyeon would be the first couple to get married. Hyung, when are you going to propose to our future sister-in-law?" 

"Ya! How can I say that in front of everybody?" Baekhyun scolded his dongsaeng lightly. "I already wanted to but Chanyeol was a step faster than me."

"So are we getting married soon?" Taeyeon asked. "I am starting to get bored of you, Baekbaek." Baekbaek was a nickname that she had for him ever since they began dating many years back. Their long-term relationship had survived many ups and downs. All of their friends were very shocked that they were still together after almost 15 years of dating.

"Don't worry." Jieun said. "The bridesmaids here will make sure that Taeyeon unnie will be the person to catch the bridal bouquet later after the ceremony."

"Ya, Baekhyun-ah, I am looking forward to your wedding next!" Jongdae exclaimed in delight. "My wallet's gonna burn a big hole this year." He added sadly.

"I will get married once you find a new girlfriend." His same-aged friend retorted.

"Guys, you know what. My new dream is for our kids to form a soccer team together next time." Minseok decalred out of a sudden. "Can you imagine how fun it would be?"

The group burst out laughing at that idea. "Hyung, then you have to set the example. Get married and give birth quickly." Junmyeon joked as he bent

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter